My new (old) Sprinter

cirving

I am an Electrical contractor and have been looking at Sprinters for a while now, I finally retired my tired Astro Van and purchased a 2003 Freightliner 140 with the high roof Friday. I spent all weekend setting it up and moving material over, so far so good. I’m actually looking forward to working out of it, I love the room.

I do have one question though, my turn signals don’t cancel, any solutions?
Here are a few pics

From the Astro to the Sprinter.

Aircraft Wrench

Looks great!!!

I have my ladder inside on the back left as well...I'm glad I don't have stuff to put on the top!!! Yikes !!!! Don't get smacked with a big one duuuude!!!

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Welcome Cirving. Great looking set up. :thumbup:

My guess on the turn signals is the lever release is broken, which probably means you have to replace the entire turn signal/wiper column switch.

cirving

I only use the taller ladders once every couple of weeks on average, but i never know when I'll need them, so it should not be to big of a pain. I didn't realize how big the sprinter is until I washed and waxed it, I only made halfway around on the waxing before I had to call it quits, then backed it up and almost hit the basketball backboard!

Thanks for all the info on this forum, I spent quite a while reading old posts while researching the Sprinter:bow:

Nate

Congrats on the Sprinter!

You will love working out of it and probably wonder why everyone else doesn't have one.

Waxing is not something I look forward to. I try to do it twice a year and dread it.

cirving

Well, I’ve had my Sprinter for two weeks now and am loving it so far, on my first tank I managed 19 mpg. My poor overloaded Astro was only getting 14 mpg. I am an electrician and need to thread conduit on occasion, all the interior room came in handy this week as it was storming and I needed to thread several pieces of 1” rigid. I used the pipe vise on the workbench and went to town with a band saw and power pony, standing straight up...

From browsing the forum, I’ve managed to repair the door locks, install two additional cab speakers and hook up the “black wire” that sends power to the antenna (I couldn’t receive any AM stations and had poor reception on FM). This weekend I’m changing the oil, cabin filter, air filter and fuel filter, so wish me luck, especially on the fuel filter.:clapping:

I tried waxing it last weekend; I made it halfway. There is a lot of real estate there!!! I'll finish this weekend.

david_42

Looks like you've done a nice job. I suspect the top ladders are costing you an mpg or two, but when you need them, you need them.

A big plus will come in ten years when you don't need to replace it. I know a plumber who bought a 2004 3500 SHC. His fuel savings are making the payment and even with all of the pipe he carries, the Sprinter is way under capacity. His previous van was over-loaded with less.

Last edited:

Top Bottom