Do I have a towing package?

Seber

I bought a 2006 Sprinter with Roadtrek conversion. It has a class three hitch with seven pin trailer plug but no brake controller. I also cannot find a green plug under the seat but there is always the possibility that someone cut off the plug and butt spliced. Is there a way to know whether this came with a tow package? If not, is there an approved place to tap for a brake controller trigger voltage? If it helps, the SN is WDOPD 7449 6596 2065. (Spaces are mine)
HTML:

cahaak

See if you can ID the brake elec. line and possibly trace its route - if under the van.

Chris

sailquik

Seber,
Your Sprinter is a T1N model year 2006.
Your RV conversion is to the 2007 specifications built on a 2006 Cargo van.
T1N Sprinters do NOT have the green connector.
That's something only found in 2007 and later NCV3 Sprinters.
Your data card does not show any evidence of a factory installed towing cross member
or trailer towing wiring harness.
Also, when assembled your Sprinter was a full cargo van with the brackets for ICC warning
triangles, fire extinguisher mounts etc that are normally ordered on a vehicle that's going
into commercial vehicle or expediter service.
I'm suprised that the RV up fitter ordered the full ICC package only to turn it into an RV.
Hope this helps,
Roger
As autostaretx suggests, you may want to have close look at how the aftermarket wiring
harness and towing cross member were installed.
Shoddy installation of a trailer wiring harness has been a source of major electrical issues
for more than a few Sprinter owners on this group.

Top Bottom