Fuel Pump

Alaska

Fuel Pump Help Please
My '08 Sprinter fuel pump turns OFF when driving down the road. What could cause this? No fixed time, maybe 10 miles or 50 miles, but then I'm stranded.

I traced the fuel pump wire (red/green) under the van back to relay #3 under the dash. There also seems to be a red/green wire going to fuse 18 under the seat. A white connector under the seat (connected to nothing) goes back to the wires of fuse 18.

I've replaced fuse 18 with a new one. I've also swapped out the fuel pump relay #3, with the horn relay #1 under the dash (same kind), to see if maybe the fuel pump relay is bad. Both the horn and fuel pump relay work.

This is an intermittent problem, cranks and runs good most times. But then other times something just is turning the fuel pump off. (No voltage at the fuel pump connector under the van.)

Any thoughts of a solution? At this point I'm even considering installing a switch from 12v under the seat down to the red/green fuel pump wire under the van. This hard wire temp fix would at least get me home next time when the fuel pump gets turned off from the computer, BCM, relay, etc.

Top Bottom