Winter Travel

monkeysimple

We enjoy our LTV Free Spirit SS, but would like to use it more as a four season full use RV. I am not really wanting to go in super cold weather, but don’t want to worry about pipes and tanks freezing if conditions change. Our dealer has put heat tape on lines and tank heaters in other Class B’s; however, not on one like ours. I talked with Dean at LTV and he doesn’t think it can be done. If you really want to do this, seems like someone out there could do it right. Do any of you have experience in this area? Thanks.

wgoldman

I asked Brad at LTV the same questions for my 2015 FSSS. He was convinced that this was a bad idea, given the extent of exposed plumbing and tanks underneath the van. Even if was possible to install heaters and tape and insulation in all the right places, he said all that would require shore power to operate; driving in sub-freezing temperatures would presumably require constant running of the generator. But that was a hypothetical anyway -- he really did not think the plumbing could be adequately protected after the build was complete.

Moosedrool

We use our LTV to go skiing. We winterize the water system with antifreeze and bring plenty of water in the coach. With antifreeze in the black and gray tank we use the bathroom only for liquid waste and wash down with a small amount of water. Everything else works great in cold weather, and we are very comfortable down to 10 F so far. Would love it if the water worked also, but the downside far outweighs the upside for us.

Top Bottom