PDA

View Full Version : T1n purchase in N Dallas - any reputable mechanics?

ManWithDog
12-26-2016, 03:03 PM
Going to look at a t1n today. It's a 2002 with 220k one owner. What should I look for and does anyone know of a reputable sprinter mechanic for a PPI? Thank you

Also should I avoid the 2002 since it's the first of its kind? Usually the second year they work out the kinks and the first year it's an experiment.

ManWithDog
12-26-2016, 03:04 PM
Also is the 2002 140wb smaller than the 2006? It appears smaller when I compare the two online

GaryJ
12-26-2016, 03:43 PM
2002 through 2006 are all the same sizes in 118", 140" & 158" wheelbases. 2002 is the first of its kind in the U.S. but not in the rest of the world. Emissions systems would be unique to the U.S. though.

Gary

lindenengineering
12-26-2016, 04:59 PM
Going to look at a t1n today. It's a 2002 with 220k one owner. What should I look for and does anyone know of a reputable sprinter mechanic for a PPI? Thank you

Also should I avoid the 2002 since it's the first of its kind? Usually the second year they work out the kinks and the first year it's an experiment.

You could give Eurosport in Richardson a jingle.
I haven't been in touch with them for a while now but Gary the owner was reputable and used to do the same a long time go now for Pinzaguers and prospective purchases .
Obviously businesses morph into other specialization like Bavarian Money Wasters but worth a call inquiry.
All the best
Dennis

glasseye
12-26-2016, 11:17 PM
Bavarian Money Wasters

:cheers::thumbup::rad:

And I thought "Bite My Wallet" was good!

AdventureVan
12-28-2016, 03:22 AM
Do you have the contact info for that eurosport place? I'm looking to buy a van out in dallas, and need some glow plugs changed and some work done before driving it back to ca, I need a clean bill.of health...thanks linden engineering

ManWithDog
12-28-2016, 03:30 AM
shoot i do not own a cell phone (revolting against the modern world) and didnt check back before leaving yesterday morning. the van ran good but on the way home my alternator pulley broke off and my serpentine belt flew off. luckily i was right by a walmart and quickly pulled in. and even luckier my wife was driving behind me and we found a alternator 30 minutes south of us. installing it was a piece of cake and i upgrade to the 150 amp. I really wish I had taken it in to be seen first tho don't make the same mistake I did AdventureVan and good luck brother!

AdventureVan
12-28-2016, 03:44 AM
Any mechanic referrals in dallas or austin...thanks man with a dog...

lindenengineering
12-28-2016, 03:45 AM
Do you have the contact info for that eurosport place? I'm looking to buy a van out in dallas, and need some glow plugs changed and some work done before driving it back to ca, I need a clean bill.of health...thanks linden engineering

https://mechanicadvisor.com/tx/plano/eurosport-automotive
Dennis

ManWithDog
12-28-2016, 03:54 AM
I know of none other than what Dennis just posted. Dennis I bought my sprinter in Lewisville yesterday thats 30 minutes from the shop you just posted. I'm almost 30 years old and I impulse bought that sprinter so fast.. luckily so far it's good... but when will i learn. Do you know of a good sprinter mechanic in the Temple/Waco/Austin area for future reference? Thank you