PDA

View Full Version : Espar Screen replacement

SkyGypsy
12-19-2016, 02:47 PM
Hi guys, I've done tons of research on the espar unit that lives in my engine bay on this site and elsewhere. The best info I have found is from the varnish guys that AP has linked to previously (on my phone so no links, sorry).

I cleaned and repaired the temperature sensors in my unit a while back, which got it running. However I didn't realize it until I wired it to run from a switch that it starts but sometimes it stays running and other times it doesn't.

The varnish guys stress the importance of replacing the screen when cleaning the unit annually. This is something I missed. In fact, I have done some reading here about the screen, but it's unclear to me if our units can have the screen replaced or if the whole burner must be replaced.

Can the screen be replaced without replacing the burner on the D5wz that is in my van?

Thanks !

smrl
12-20-2016, 02:03 AM
I can't verify that there aren't several variations of the espar unit but mine didn't have any clear way to replace it without replacing the entire burner assembly - in fact you can't really even see it as it is buried in the casting behind where the glow pin seats when assembled.

For what it's worth,
My unit (2006 US 2500) is marked
25 2343
193155AG