Engine troubles part 3! woot

D

dilleyoshempy

Its me again! dont worry im sick of myself posting as well :laughing:

Im very close to visiting the dealer (first oil change soon!)

I keep getting a power loss, I have finally come to the conclusion that it occurs when sitting in heavy traffic for an extended period, which would be similar to idling I guess. I get a power loss and it happens for a couple minutes then everything goes back to normal :bash: no engine lights or codes :crazy:

Also the engine is louder than before and sounds like someone is boiling a pot of water... is this related to the egr cooler in some way? what would make my engine sound like a loudddddd boiling pot of water? New strange whining noises come and go also.

Vibrations ensue, but I have noticed that the engine is really smooth and runs the way it did for the first 4500ish km when my turbo stops working during the power loss episodes, would this be more turbo related or egr related?

Anyways I am really, really annoyed at this point, these last ~ 10k km have been the strangest most frustrating, automotive wise time spent with an automobile. :cry:

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
Do the noises go on all the time or only in conjunction with the power loss? Someone might have left a musical instrument in their when they put the vehicle together. Sorry, I don't intend to be flip, I just am.

Your events are so unusual, they beg imagination.

Top Bottom