Independent Mechanic Shops

Tom9054

Is there any way to get a listing under "Dealer and Supplier List" where Independent shops could advertise and or at least let their locations be known?
Think regulars on here are aware of a couple such shops. Yet, perhaps there are others that aren't into forums and reaching out a helping hand like the 2 fella's on here of which I speak of.
Just thinking out loud - thanks for listening.

Tom9054

Thinking LinDen and Dr. A are mentioned in a few hundred posts. Are there only 2 independents in the country?
And or are you the owner of Sprinter-source.com and your answer is no, there can be no headings added to "Dealer and Supplier List" ?

inquiring minds wanna know.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
There are two facets to this ...

One is "user based":
One is that any member who finds a good (or bad) mechanic should post a review of them, and (hopefully) add them to the dealer directory.

The other is "vendor based":
Dr Andy and Dennis/linden don't really *advertise* ... instead, they have spent hours/days/weeks posting useful information, answering questions, solving problems, telling stories that may not be Sprinter-related. They're exemplary members of the forum, not advertisers of service
(have i ever seen Dennis even post his address? :thinking:)

There *are* other mechanic members (sprintguy, i think, and there are others). On the whole, they don't "advertise" for business, but they do post useful information.
There are a couple of dealers, whose occasional posts kind'a stand out as flat-out adverts.

Anyone can also create a *thread* about themselves or any mechanic in the general "sprinter talk" or (if they're T1N specific) under those threads.
They'd be found if someone Searched for their town/state and "service" or "mechanic". (which is probably how i'd look for a mechanic anyway, without recalling that there were "regional" sub-forums)

It's the quality and depth of Andy's and Dennis' (and sprintguy and others over the years) that make them so popular/visible/well-regarded.
It's an open market/forum, so any other mechanic could achieve the same impact.

--dick :2cents:

Top Bottom