PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this sprinter for sell

ManWithDog
12-07-2016, 01:06 AM
A 06 sprinter was just posted in Dallas. It has 222k miles. When I run the free vin report from www. Vehiclehistory.com it shows an accident and odometer not being correct. The van looks dang clean and the price is awesome. When I look through the history provided on the history report it all looks good is this history report website reliable? The vin is wd0pd544065866636. Also it is a Arkansas vehicle is rust a big issue out there? I'm Texas we don't get rust here. Thank you cheers

Brian.
12-07-2016, 01:18 AM
I'm selling a vehicle right now, I've owned it for 13 years and know Exactly what the history has been in the time. I pulled a couple VIN checks just to make sure of the accuracy, completely wrong. They all show the vehicle being SOLD 5 times over, one had an accident, no 2 of them showed the same info, etc....

I have zero faith in VIN reports and suggest you use the info provided with a handful of salt.

AdventureVan
12-28-2016, 04:48 AM
Whew I'm geting nervous on pulling tiger for van in dallas.. need a mechanic.. I'm reading alot.. any mechanic referrals in dallas.

HighPockets
12-28-2016, 05:07 AM
My '07 was a MO van. It spent most of its life there according to the service records. The only rust I have found was on the trailer hitch which was made by Chrysler, the van is Dodge branded, and the outer rim of the brake calipers. The hitch was OEM as far as can tell. By the way the parts lady at Holmes M-B in Shreveport, LA said there are a number of items different in the Dodge badged Sprinter.