fault codes after new engine install

Gman13

I just installed a new engine in my 02 Sprinter and took it for a test drive and got these fault codes P0100, p0105, p0190, p1192, p2306, p2006 and am at a complete loss as what is causing it. Any Advice??????

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Those must be from a "generic" scanner? On a "real" scanner, there would be another couple of digits to identify the precise fault.

P0100 is the MAF ... mass air flow sensor ... there can be 7 subcodes
(-001: signal voltage too low, -002: too high, -004: too high or too low, -016, -023, -064: implausible)
P0105 is boost pressure,
P0190 is rail pressure sensor
P1192 is engine oil sensor
P2306 is sensor supply 2 (voltage too high)
P2006 is pre-delivery pressure sensor

... sure sounds like a loose connector at the ECU, or you damaged a cable harness between the engine and the ECU.
(you did remember to re-attach the grounding strap that bridges the engine mount on the driver's side, didn't you?)

--dick (get the 2003 service manual from the address below)

Gman13

I did hook up the grounding strap. Any guidance on finding a damaged cable harness? If it's inside it would be difficult to find.

The symptoms are that it has a small miss and an extreme lack of power. It shifts at 2000 rpm when it's floored. I can shift it through the gears manually and let it rev up higher but it still lack power. Would a leak in the intake gasket cause this?

I'm not seeing the address for the service manual.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
The address for the service manuals (and other stuff) is: http://aie-services-2.net/Sprinter/

(your "User CP" settings must be set to not show the signature blocks)

Other than ohmmetering from one end to the other of the suspect devices, and maybe voltmetering one (or all) of the connectors to the devices, it's just the usual dog-work to track down faults.

The "supply 2 too high" is a hint... you could unplug the MAF and verify that it's getting proper voltages.
The 2003 service manual should be close enough to your 2002 .. and section 8w of the manual has connector pin-outs, full schematics, etc etc

--dick

Top Bottom