Headlight aiming motor

My 2006 118 sprinter has a switch to adjust the headlights. It does not work.
When I pulled the headlight I found the electric motor in the headlight was disconnected. I'm a little hesitant to plug it back in until I find out more info on different problems that can occur. The motor does not seem to be seized.
I did a search but didn't come up with anything.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
The headlamp level adjust switch just selects between 4 different resistors to feed power to the adjustment motors.

Does your other side headlamp adjust, or is it disconnected, too?

According to the service manual, the motors are individually replaceable.
Dodge/Freightliner part number 05103688AA MB part number A0008290801 MOTOR, HEADLAMP LEVELING

The service manual's schematic does not include what goes on inside the headlamp unit with respect to the motors.
The switch is fed by a fuse that feeds a number of other systems, but i'd think that the switch's intervening resistors would protect that circuit.

The service manual can be downloaded from the link in my sig.

It possible a previous owner removed the headlamp unit for some other reason (servicing the engine?), and simply forgot to reconnect it.
If it were me, i'd plug it in and see what happened... (but i'm like that...)

--dick

Driver side works and was unplugged
Passenger side doesn't work but was still plugged in
Nothing is sized and the electric motor looks like something from a slot car on a kids race track.
There has been a modification to the wiring.
I think I have to correct but the yellow wire was jumper end over from the left to right headlight and the wire cut on the right side
Not sure if that has anything to do with.

Top Bottom