Every 100k Miles

Anatorian

Hello All,

I have a 2003 T1N that was purchased at 138k and is now nearing 230k. We've had very little trouble from this unit, the only things replaced so far have been:

Cam Sensor
Crank Sensor
Glow Plugs
Water Pump
Transmission Controller
Brakes
Tires
Oil every 10k
Fuel Filter every 20k
Rear Diff every 30k

My question is now that we have had it for 100k miles or so, what sort of major PM do I need to have done to this vehicle.

I am thinking:

Coolant Flush
Brake Bleed and Flush
Trans service / flush
Rear Diff Service
Serpentine Belt and Tension
Air Filters

Any other items that should be nearing replacement at 200-230k that should be done before the next 100k miles?

cahaak

Your list is fine. I think you could back way off on the rear diff - like every 60-75K and you would be fine. Serp belt is a must and regular fluid maintenance will go a long way. All procedures listed on this site so have at it. For the fluid changes, you don't need to flush, but just changing them will be fine.

Chris

BenJohnson

2006 2500 T1N
Here are some more to think about:
- cabin filter
- lube the parking brake mechanism under the van
- trans conductor plate
- trans connector ring
- harmonic balancer
- idler pulleys
- belt tensioner

Is this discussion about PM, or about parts replacement based upon possible failure?

Posts here about a particular part failing are not necessarily a good database/trigger to use for throwing money at a properly running Sprinter.

MB has some very detailed PM recommendations. There are official documents which include mileage milestones.

:2cents: vic

BenJohnson

2006 2500 T1N
What about things that are known to fail often on high mileage sprinters? I would much rather replace them when I had the time rather than wait for them to fail when out in the boonies or rushing to get somewhere. What I listed are things that are well known to fail on high mileage sprinters, based on the wisdom on this forum (you included!)

This is not throwing money at a properly running sprinter, it is preventing inconvenient and costly breakdowns.

Not everyone is like me. I drive in places where I am a very long way from home. I value reliability.

I am just giving the OP a choice - he can choose whether to do it or not. Better to have the info rather than the surprise.

Anatorian

Is this discussion about PM, or about parts replacement based upon possible failure?

Posts here about a particular part failing are not necessarily a good database/trigger to use for throwing money at a properly running Sprinter.

MB has some very detailed PM recommendations. There are official documents which include mileage milestones.

:2cents: vic

Do you have a copy of this? I only have information oil and fuel filter replacement as well as rear diff service.

-will

Top Bottom