2007 3500 trans woes

misssea

new to forum and an issue. i just had the conductor plate and plug replaced at an independant sprinter shop in the bay area. he replaced 4.25 quarts of required atf as well as gasket and filter. drove the sprinter to portland and if anything it got worse. loss of power, rumblestrip noise, etc. had m benz do a scan and there is no signal to speed sensors. any ideas? abs sensors bad????:drool::drool::bash:

showkey

Just a guess they might be talking about the transmission shaft speed sensors missing or not reading ? ( Mainshaft and countershaft) So conductor plate failed and or poor install ?

MB dealer likely checked ........fluid level, check for leaks, transmission wire harness connected and not damaged?????

Last edited:

misssea

plug is new, but current was not checked. vehicle was from kansas(salted roads). dtc was no signal to speed sensors. i was able to drive 60 mph from san jose to portland so no limp home mode. i dont know how many conductor plates go bad off the shelf. both were mb parts not aftermarket. mechanic has been doing sprinters for over 8 years in usa and more in europe.

kendall69

new to forum and an issue. i just had the conductor plate and plug replaced at an independant sprinter shop in the bay area. he replaced 4.25 quarts of required atf as well as gasket and filter. drove the sprinter to portland and if anything it got worse. loss of power, rumblestrip noise, etc. had m benz do a scan and there is no signal to speed sensors. any ideas? abs sensors bad????:drool::drool::bash:
I had the same problem. Service 'SAID" they put in correct fluid, turns out they didn't. Right after tranny flus at one dealer, tranny was fine going in, multiple symptoms coming out and for the next 3K miles. Took it to a ACTUAL MERCEDES" dealer with "ACTUAL MERCEDES" fluid - every problem went away.

showkey

What was the original complaint or concern that led to the conductor plate replacement in the first go around ?

misssea

original complaint was car had been sitting for 2 years with only 400 miles usage. picked up car with multiple problems most notable hard shifting and stuck in third gear when taking off from a stop after driving. rsn at 40 to 47 mph. no acceleration but would finally get to 65-70 mph. fuel rail pressure was low. changed fuel filter, replaced fuel rails, changed conductor plate. is it possible i have no signal to speed sensors because they are being shut down by pcm because i have a cel.

Top Bottom