About OM646 NCV3

ivy_sn

hello,every body,
I removed the OM646 NCv3 from the van,
and started it on the test bench ,it can start but only the max speed is 2000rpm and the torque is so low.
who can tell me why?

who has the repair or service manual about om646 or NCV3 manual ,email to me ,thank you very much.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
You might have to subscribe to Mercedes-Benz technical training for more information on the OM646.

I'm not sure what other vehicles MB puts the OM646 into, but the OM646 is in the Electronic Parts Catalog (EPC). Presumably it's in Workshop Information System (WIS), but I don't have a subscription to it right now.

Peter Russek still hasn't published a Sprinter manual for the NCV3 so there's no solution there....

I'm tapped out of ideas.

What country are you in and are you in a position to enquire directly with Daimler-AG?

-Jon

ivy_sn

Thank you ,jan,I am at China.
I think i can't order the MB training.
Beacause i only want to see the per and emission of Om646,and do the compare with other engine.
So i want to buy the manual of OM646 ,paper or pdf ,do you have?
i can pay GBD or RMB or $.

ivy_sn

And do you know this book "Mercedes-Benz Sprinter CDI Workshop Manual 2000-2006"?
ISBN: 9781855207295
Hardback/Softback: Softback
Pages: 232

Attachments

Last edited:

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Thank you ,jan,I am at China.
I think i can't order the MB training.
Beacause i only want to see the per and emission of Om646,and do the compare with other engine.
So i want to buy the manual of OM646 ,paper or pdf ,do you have?
i can pay GBD or RMB or $.
Ah, ok.

I'm sorry. I do not have the OM646 manual in paper or in PDF.

I am aware of the book you mentioned, Mercedes-Benz Sprinter CDI Workshop Manual 2000-2006. I thought those were strictly for the older generation, T1N. I based that conclusion upon the cover's picture. I believe Peter Russek Publications produce those books.

I wish I could be more helpful to you.

-Jon

sikwan

06 Tin Can
According to this...

http://global-training.daimlerchrys...assenger Cars/Overall Vehicle/PRCF-PA104.html

The OM646 is found in A-Class, B-Class, C-Class, CLK, E-Class / CLS models.

I removed the OM646 NCv3 from the van,
and started it on the test bench ,it can start but only the max speed is 2000rpm and the torque is so low.
who can tell me why?
My guess is the ECU is not receiving any signals from the transmission and/or the wheel sensors and will thus go into a "limp mode" or safety mode of some kind. This is what I found on the T1N (2006). The entire system is one system and programmed to work as one.

Jon is right about the manual. I've seen that manual before and if it is the one, it's only for the T1N's.

ivy_sn

thank you ,Jon and sikwan,
I think you are right about limp mode,i will try to do.
I got the manual for T1N.
By the way ,do you have the calibration guide about Bosch diesel com rail system?

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
thank you ,Jon and sikwan,
I think you are right about limp mode,i will try to do.
I got the manual for T1N.
By the way ,do you have the calibration guide about Bosch diesel com rail system?
I believe the calibration of the Bosch common rail system will be specific to one (or more) electronic control units designed to work with your engine.

You should try to purchase Mercedes-Benz Service information for the Sprinter engine you're using directly from Daimler-AG or from Mercedes-Benz China, LTD.

-Jon

ivy_sn

Thank you everybody,i tried to ask MB China,but no answer.
Other question ,who konw the pins of ECM(ECU),for example ,pin 1=12V after ignition.
Thank you.

Top Bottom