Good price for 2002 Freightliner?

bricut

I found a 2002 Freightliner Sprinter and want to buy it. However, I know very little about them, including the value. The seller"s listing is as follows: "excellent condition, Mercedes 5 cylinder diesel, sleeps 3 with rear bench seat, roof top air/heat, all maint. records complete, 150k miles, new tires, $21,000."

I drove it and it seems sound. I race motocross with the owner's son so I trust his honesty on the condition. My question is about the price. Is the price right? Thanks for any input.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Agreed. It's a little on the high side for the year and mileage. Without looking at the condition myself, it would be a guess on my part too, but maybe you can get a deal since you ride with his son (like say ~$15000)? :idunno:

bricut

I had it taken to local Freightliner dealer today for inspection and diagnostic test. Everything checked out and got the price down to $18,500. I'm going to drive it around for a few hours tomorrow and probably buy it.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
It's beautiful. If you buy it, I hope you enjoy thoroughly every moment of ownership!

-Jon

Top Bottom