NOX sensor

Jbernielh

I've used my scan gauge II a couple times now to clear a P2202 code which seems to be indicating a NOX sensor issue.. but, the CEL light comes back after about 25 miles with the same code.. being that it's a 2010 with the original sensor's and what seems to be a common failure item with the early DPF years, I guess it's no surprise..
what I'm wondering is the accuracy of the code with the scan gauge.. can this be a generic code related to a different issue.. would I be well advised to have a more accurate scan done before proceeding down this avenue, or is the scan gauge fairly accurate reading this code..
I've got a local company (non dealer) who says they can perform the work, including the required matching and the quoted price is reasonable if you can call it that..
can anyone give me the latest and greatest NOX sensor part number please.. either MB, or Bosch or NGK, just so I know I'm getting the newest style and not just some NOS of the failure prone original..

lindenengineering

Whoh there a minute !
There a new set of NOx sensors are available and you may need some upgraded thermal sensors as well!

Once all installed the system has to be updated and programmed in!
If you don't do that the lights will be back on within 300 miles!
Then it won't be a N2O situation 'cept you won't be a laughing gas:thumbup:
Dennis

Jbernielh

thx as always Dennis, but..
as sgt Joe Friday said.. "just the facts, ma'am"

your saying "maybe" a thermal sensor..

should a person be pro active and change out every sensor in this vintage of a vehicle and try and preclude one by one failures or just change each one as they go down? can you enlighten me please as to..
how many NOX sensors are there
how many thermal sensors are there
how many other sensors like EGT etc that are failure prone in this system
plus how many of these sensors need to be replaced in pairs
and lastly.. where do these sensors reside on the vehicle..

I still haven't figured out if every sensor in a 2010 has been superseded to a more reliable (if thats possible) unit..

I'm aware of the need to have them "matched" to the vehicle and I'm not wanting to repeat the process over and over each time I replace a sensor...

as I asked in my original post I would greatly appreciate a part number of the latest and greatest NOX sensor so I can ensure I'm not getting a superseded unit..

thx again for any and all input..

Bernie

Picoscope

thx as always Dennis, but..

as sgt Joe Friday said.. "just the facts, ma'am"

your saying "maybe" a thermal sensor..

should a person be pro active and change out every sensor in this vintage of a vehicle and try and preclude one by one failures or just change each one as they go down? can you enlighten me please as to..

how many NOX sensors are there

how many thermal sensors are there

how many other sensors like EGT etc that are failure prone in this system

plus how many of these sensors need to be replaced in pairs

and lastly.. where do these sensors reside on the vehicle..

I still haven't figured out if every sensor in a 2010 has been superseded to a more reliable (if thats possible) unit..

I'm aware of the need to have them "matched" to the vehicle and I'm not wanting to repeat the process over and over each time I replace a sensor...

as I asked in my original post I would greatly appreciate a part number of the latest and greatest NOX sensor so I can ensure I'm not getting a superseded unit..

thx again for any and all input..

Bernie

Part number has stayed the same for the NOx sensor (A000-905-35-03 2x for 6cyl. And A000-905-34-03 on downstream 4cyl) the latest update will say Q05 on the module. Any Q03 or greater will have the newest software logic installed. Q01 or Q02 will not operate with newer sensor installed in the opposing location due to the software compatibility.

What Dennis is stating: if I may infer here: the system is complex. The is a chemical reaction with many factors. The Adblue, the storage catalyst, the temperature sensor upstream of the catalyst to signal the NOx heaters, the injector metering valve and delivery module. All must be operating within the allowed adaptation range at all temperature ranges. Also the DPF can affect the SCR treatment. Nothing is missed because it is the final emission system. The NOx sensors will monitor O2 and oxides of nitrogen.

There are four exhaust temp sensors in the 2010 and newer sprinter 6cyl exhaust. Five if you include the EGR cooler temp sensor.
1. EGR cooler temp sensor
2. Upstream of turbo temp sensor
3. Upstream of Oxygen cat temp sensor
4. Upstream of DPF temp sensor
5. Upstream of SCR temp sensor

I hope this helps. Keep the faith. We are all here together. #ididntbuildit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbernielh

thx much for the reply Pico's

with that complexity it's a wonder it even works at all.. I can certainly understand why an EGR/DPF/DEF system delete would be a consideration to some..

well, I guess my next option will be to take it some where that can tell me something more than my scan gauge II.. I haven't really had much time to play with it but it appears on the surface it's ability to read fault code information is pretty limited..
thx again

Bernie

Top Bottom