Outdoor Storage This Winter

Tahoe Dave

In preparing for this winter I've been offered a place to store the Free Spirit while not in use. The location is in central California as such there is no snow just (hopefully) rain. My question is, should I purchase a cover or is this really necessary?

Thanks in advance...

Dave

Smarty

I own a 2015 LTV Serenity and we live in the Midwest region with all the seasons. Last year was our first time having the unit and we stored it on the street in front of our home or in the driveway when it snowed without protection (cover) we had no problems. This year my husband and I will be storing it on a secure lot and opted for a cover and I found some reasonable ones online. We chose the Class C PolyPro 3 RV storage cover , a pretty good price at Walmart. I will be receiving it this Sat. and will update any interested party on how it fits the RV.

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
There are folks who argue that covers do more harm than good. The claim is that the cover flapping in the wind traps grit and grinds it into the paint.

I don't know if that is true or not, but FWIW we have stored our rigs outdoors uncovered for 11 years (in Pennsylvania) without apparent negative consequences.

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
At one time I had a car that I thought ought to have a cover, so I bought one. I used it for a while and then got rid of it. I thought it damaged the finish.

Top Bottom