connector wiring to ecm under dash

fbusjim

Has anyone had problems with the connector wiring to to ecm under the dash on a 04 sprinter 2500,i have had nothing but greif with mine,as the terminal pins in the connector block that connects to the ecm either corrode.or come loose on the block,right now i am looking for someone with a wrecked sprinter that I can buy the terminal block from,because the one I have is almost shot completely,any help would be greatly appeciatted

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
Has anyone had problems with the connector wiring to to ecm under the dash on a 04 sprinter 2500,i have had nothing but greif with mine,as the terminal pins in the connector block that connects to the ecm either corrode.or come loose on the block,right now i am looking for someone with a wrecked sprinter that I can buy the terminal block from,because the one I have is almost shot completely,any help would be greatly appeciatted
Your 647 ECM has 2 connectors. The 96 pin connector marked with a big M is the engine harness connector. The 56 pin connector marked with a big F is the vehicle wiring harness connector.

Which one are you having problems with? And kindly explain why the terminals are "coming loose- has someone disassembled it and added pins for optional accessories? Doktor A

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
What type of corrosion? See this link from YahooSprinterVan with corrosion from fuel via intra-insulation wiring harness acting as the conduit: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/sprintervan/message/41873
I'm familiar with this particular case and the owner of the Sprinter. The dealer was replacing components that were suspected of leaking fuel into the wiring harness.

The vehicle was a '05 and the culprit turned out to be a defective WIF (water in fuel) sensor. The relatively low 65psi feed pump pressure was forcing the fuel into the engine harness via the leaking sensor and contaminating modules and servos. Not quite "corrosion" but definitely destructive.

It was not an isolated case-I recall a national run on the supply of 647 engine wiring harnesses as a result of what was likely a batch of defective WIF sensors. Doktor A

rlent

It was not an isolated case-I recall a national run on the supply of 647 engine wiring harnesses as a result of what was likely a batch of defective WIF sensors. Doktor A
And who sez those nasty old car companies don't occasionally try and do the right thing by their customers ... :shhh:

Top Bottom