Hitch question

Jorgenj8

So I thought bolting on a hitch would be no problem. Apparently finding a hitch that fits is going to be a pita. I thought I'd be fine, and didn't measure my frame width before ordering. Well I wasted $180. In the instructions it mentions 'unconfirmed reports of vehicles with 30-3/8" frame widths. This hitch will not fit 30-3/8" frame width vehicles.' This is my luck lol.

Anyways, I can confirm 30-3/8" frame width exists since I have one. Now how can I get a hitch on this sprinter? 2008 144" 3500 with step.

sailquik

Buy the Dodge/MOPAR ORIS OEM hitch that traces to your VIN #.
Send me an email with your VIN # and a valid return email address.
I will send the OEM Build Data Card and see if there is a MOPAR or Mercedes Part number for the
hitch that fits.
You could take the hitch you have to a good fab/weld shop, with the frame rail distance
and have them saw off the cross member, shorten both ends of the cross member and reweld it
to the side plates.
Might be smart to have the side plates bolted into place so the fab shop guys can get the shortened
cross member to fit in snugly. They will have to take into consideration how much the side plates are
going to pull away unless they very carefully tack on the opposite sides until it pulls in and can be
welded up completely.
Hope this helps,
Roger

F22hb

Funny the curt model doesn't mention the frame width, but the picture makes it look different than mine. The one I got is a draw-tite.

bnever

I recently installed one from U-Haul on my 2013. Their online site takes into acct the different models and steps. Worth checking it out.

mikesprints

The hardware for the hitch Curt 13375 I referenced is in a bag with a U-haul label to boot.

Curt has a tech dept. They will give you dimensions if you call them, they will not email you a drawing as those are "proprietary". The hitch width measured as they said on the phone.

Top Bottom