PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Sprinter-Forum!

sikwan
09-22-2006, 08:21 AM
Welcome Everyone!

The site is finally up and running in 3 days. In the next few days, I'll be adding more content to the website and continue to improve the usability of the site.

Enjoy the stay and if there's anything that you want to add or want added to site, please post them in the Comments, Suggestions, & Questions section at the bottom of the main forum page.

Thank you,
Seek

sikwan
09-22-2006, 01:47 PM
Sorry folks. Only 3 days old, and already hiccups. I believe I fixed the posting thread problem where I had to accept/deny every single new user from posting.

Shoot off an email to sikwan@yahoo.com if there's any other problems.

Thanks,
Seek

ps. Thanks Zach.

soflo316
09-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Seek, thanks for your efforts on this endeavor, I know itís a lot of work. I like the layout and look forward to people registering and posting!
Todd

sikwan
09-22-2006, 01:59 PM
Todd!

Thanks for posting. This confirms that people are allowed to post without my input. :)

Seek

Llarry
09-22-2006, 04:28 PM
Well done, Seek!

I posted a reply and a photo; everything seems to work fine! :)

drmarshab
09-22-2006, 04:28 PM
Let me echo thanks to Seek for getting this set up. As the word spreads, users will come! :) --Marsha

sikwan
09-22-2006, 04:42 PM
Well done, Seek!

I posted a reply and a photo; everything seems to work fine! :)

Thanks! I just read your signature with the double "LL's." You must be Llama Larry.

sikwan
09-22-2006, 04:44 PM
Let me echo thanks to Seek for getting this set up. As the word spreads, users will come! :) --Marsha

Thanks Marsha. I can't take full credit because there are a lot of Sprinter enthusiast, including yourself, making suggestions and working behind the scenes to make this happen.

Llarry
09-23-2006, 05:48 PM
Thanks! I just read your signature with the double "LL's." You must be Llama Larry.

Yes! :D

veepster
09-24-2006, 01:03 AM
Hi Folks,

Just popped in to say Hi! I am new to sprinters...just brought my new 06 home today. A great all around vehicle.:D I hope to be a frequent and valuable contributor to the forum.

Happy Sprinting;),
Veep

sikwan
09-24-2006, 01:07 AM
Welcome Veep!

Thanks for joining us and congratulations on your new Sprinter.

Seek

georgetg
09-24-2006, 02:29 AM
Thank you,

Finally a real forum with big pictures...

The domain name is good too.
Now all i have to do is change .de to .com to get my daily Sprinter fix

I like your 02+ Benz grille, nice work on the steering wheel.
I'll have to post my pix too...

Cheers
George

sikwan
09-24-2006, 04:05 AM
Welcome George!

Geez, you're just down the street. Thanks for the compliments and do indeed show off your Sprinter.

Thanks,
Seek

poolmike
09-24-2006, 12:51 PM
Finally, a REAL Sprinter forum. Looks great!

michigandon
09-24-2006, 04:22 PM
'Tis good to be here!

Don:D

Jester
09-25-2006, 04:39 PM
:) Thank you for starting this Seek. The California Motorcycle forum, Pashnit http://www.pashnit.com/forum uses a similar format. If you need some guidance on the trials and tribulations of using this software, he and his Tech Support crew might be good resources

Larry

sikwan
09-25-2006, 05:50 PM
Ah yes, I've seen pashnit.com. Small world. I saw it on either thumpertalk.com or southbayriders.com. I've even seen Andy (SBR) post his problems on vBulletin. His posts date back to 2003!

Right now, I'm trying to learn as much as I can on my own since it forces me to remember it better, unless it's a really bad one. Right now the important thing to learn is to do a backup and restore.

Thanks for the tip!
Seek

Jester
09-26-2006, 12:45 AM
Ah yes, I've seen pashnit.com. Small world. I saw it on either thumpertalk.com or southbayriders.com. I've even seen Andy (SBR) post his problems on vBulletin. His posts date back to 2003!

Right now, I'm trying to learn as much as I can on my own since it forces me to remember it better, unless it's a really bad one. Right now the important thing to learn is to do a backup and restore.

Thanks for the tip!
SeekYep! Especially if you switch servers. Last time Tim switched, the new host calls him and said "ah, Tim your site is gone, do you have a copy?" They managed to destroy the whole thing!

Sounds like you'll be ready!

Larry

sikwan
09-27-2006, 04:40 AM
They managed to destroy the whole thing!

:eek:

I've used our host for a few years now and I've had good luck with them. Hopefully we don't lose everything.

Sounds like you'll be ready!

Don't tell that to Murphy.

Our host does a daily backup at around 1:00am. I don't know how extensive it is and I'm sure we'll lose a few posts in the process. The downtime to do a restore is my biggest concern. I have to go find someplace to do a mock restore to see how things go. As the information on this site grows, the restore process will probably take longer.

Seek

What Next
09-30-2006, 02:10 AM
Hey I like this , now if everyone else finds it.

Slider13
10-02-2006, 09:27 PM
Hi, I just purchased a new Airstream Interstate. I was lurking trying to find a Sprinter forum and found this site. Great!

Slider13

sikwan
10-02-2006, 10:06 PM
Hi, I just purchased a new Airstream Interstate. I was lurking trying to find a Sprinter forum and found this site. Great!

Slider13

Where did you find it?

The name was registered Sept 19th, forum was up the 21st, and it's almost 2 weeks already.

Welcome!

Seek

Slider13
10-03-2006, 11:20 PM
I was lurking in the Airstream B-Class Motorhome forum and there was a link to your site.

Slider13

xtraworx
10-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Just found you guys (gals?). gGlad your here! I acquired a 2004 Dodge 3500 Flat bed in August of this year from dealer in Ohio. It had only 1500 miles on it and they were ready to move it. deal so good, I could afford to fly up and drive it back!

My business is making custom furniture so truck configuration will be perfect for hauling raw materials form lumber yard/mill and delivering end product.

Look forward to your entries on this forum.

BgBenz
10-11-2006, 05:49 PM
Good to see this site. I was in the Airstream forum myself and also found the link.

Seek, thank you for your work. This can turn out to be a really helpful place. I know the folks at Airstream are really knowledgable, but they have had many more years of experience on their rigs, and many more problems to deal with.

Don't know about the rest of you, but I now look for the Sprinters in the TV shows and movies. I wonder if MB is paying for placement? I watched The Unit the other day and they were supposed to be in Afganastan in a Sprinter. I am not sure, but I think it was badged a Dodge. Humm.

Anyway, thanks again for the site.

I'll be back.

Steve

Atlee
10-14-2006, 02:01 PM
.... Don't know about the rest of you, but I now look for the Sprinters in the TV shows and movies. I wonder if MB is paying for placement? I watched The Unit the other day and they were supposed to be in Afganastan in a Sprinter. I am not sure, but I think it was badged a Dodge. Humm. ....

Steve

I do look for Sprinters now. Funny how that happens. Also, since my Sprinter is badged a Freightliner, I also find my self noticing the large Freightliner eighteen wheelers I meet when driving.

uwestern
11-02-2006, 02:36 AM
Hi all there,

bought my passenger Sprinter, 2500, 158" HT 3 weeks ago. Will use it use workhorse (furniture shop) and as RV. I am planning to construct a bed that is easy to remove and will put in a desk with a computer behing the drivers seat.
Lots of customers have special requests that need internet research and that way I am faster don't have to drive there again.

Found this site on RV.net. Finally a site in english.

sikwan
11-02-2006, 02:54 AM
Welcome Uwestern!

Make sure you take pictures and share. :D I'm still trying to decide what to do while carrying dirtbikes and camping.

Altered Sprinter
11-06-2006, 10:54 AM
HI FOLKS jUST DROPPPP'ED IN TO SAY G'DAY FROM DOWN UNDER WHERE THE LONG WHITE SPRINTERS ROAM :rolleyes:
OUR COMPANY HAS QUITE A FEW OF THE MERCEDES-BENZ SPRINTERS TWO ARE FOR EXCLUSIVE PERSONAL USE BOTH FULLY IMPORTED
2005 cdI 313 MWB SPORTLINE VERSION FROM AUSTRIA AND THE LATEST 2006 cdI 518 V6 ALL NEW SUPER SMICK SPRINTER LWB MID ROOF VERSION GERMAN IMPORT :bounce:
WHO WAS IT THAT SAID! OH! LORD WONT YOU BUY ME A MERCEDES-BENZ
OH! GREAT IDEA TO RUN A SPRINTER FORUM :thumbup:

PS IF YOU WANT INFO ON THE NEW SPRINTERS JUST ASK
THERE IS VERY LITTLE I CAN'T ANSWER:idunno: EXCEPT WHEN WILL YOU GET THE LATEST MODEL! HOWEVER I HAVE GOOD INSIDER INFO AS TO THE DELAY ON U.S BOUND SPRINTER'S WITH THE RAM BADGEING:D
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3645/alteredstateam4.th.jpg (http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=alteredstateam4.jpg)http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/2898/sprinterau06lp3hrxs1.th.jpg (http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sprinterau06lp3hrxs1.jpg)http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/256/navsystemnotcheapnk1.th.jpg (http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=navsystemnotcheapnk1.jpg)

sikwan
11-07-2006, 06:07 AM
Welcome Altered Sprinter! :thumbup:

So how does the new vs old drive and what about the ergos?

Do you folks down under have the 5speed automatic that we in the US are stuck with?

Thanks,
Seek

Altered Sprinter
11-07-2006, 09:44 AM
Hello Seek.
Not sure what you mean by ergo's ?
Any way the latest 06 Sprinter 4 - inline is a smoother engine has had a head upgrade NO3 handles better too as to the now standard saftey factors built into them where they were an acc/ before.
The new v6 is a rocket ship handles like a w class mercedes has all the comforts you want with the extra cubby holes to store nicknacks etc in fact to many , as you tend to forget where you may have put the illusive item I can only find one phone at a time or have to ring the other one to find the thing:lol:extra storage up on the screen visors is the best yet for placeing extra paper work, along with the centre dash console for books etc.,

The five speed tranny! heck that thing has caused you guys sooooo' much grief, it will take pages to explain it all as it relates to LWB dual wheel twin a/c units wrong box for the sprinter it should have been man ual or sprintshift the heavy duty clutchless auto, vibration issues fuel all combined etc.
Rather than block up the intro page it might pay to set a new forum on this combined with the above rather than fragement it as seperate issues, some of the problems have a fix that chrysler has not advised folk on , in part I don't think they understood it or maybe listened to the problems as to the division of management between DCX.
I'll let you guide me into the right forum as I'm still trying to work out how to load a word document
Thanks Richard
PS; the v6 is awesome:rad:FuelFilter.pdf (http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=275&stc=1&d=1162892436)

Zach Woods
11-07-2006, 12:13 PM
Howdy Altered -

I think seek was asking about the ergonomics / human factors in the new Sprinter design when he asked about ergo's.

Looks like your info on the 2001-2006 Sprinter transmission would fit nicely in the "2001 - 2006 Sprinter OEM Info, Issues, and Solutions" / "Transmission" forum (http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43).

Info on the newest Sprinter design (2007 and up for the US) could go in the "2007+ Sprinter OEM Info, Issues, and Solutions" subforums (http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34).

I know everyone in the US looks forward to hearing all we can about the new design as well as learning anything we can about the previous vehicle (the one we are still "stuck" with . . .).

Thanks for any info you can provide!

sikwan
11-07-2006, 07:46 PM
some of the problems have a fix that chrysler has not advised folk on , in part I don't think they understood it or maybe listened to the problems as to the division of management between DCX.

Hi Richard:

Ahh, this sounds too good to be true, but I have faith. ;) Details PLEASE in the transmission section of this forum whenever you have the time. :thumbup:

Thanks,
Seek

Altered Sprinter
11-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Sikwan and Zack
thanks for info Zach I'll start it off by the weekend, as I'm doing double shifts with work at the Mo!
Sikwan Dar' I'm getting old, must be senior moments comfort is better as the seats have been upgraded along with front and rear suspension with the all new or newer STANDARD Safety Features' such as Adaptive Electronic Stability program [ESP] with ABS, ASR, BAS, EBD, LAC, RMI, USC etc which where for some of these, either were not available in the U.S version? or were an add-on as an option to purchase, if that's the case in the latter very few would have taken that option as it's human nature to divert to an upgraded radio or mooooooon roof :eek: we need a smiley' that does the MOON:thumbup:
Richard
PS I get my rockes off in a Sprinter:D

Iwantasprinter
11-26-2006, 03:00 AM
I just found this site from a link from rv.net forum. Really excited to find it. As you may deduce from my username, I don't have a Sprinter yet, but that is my wish-I need to move some real estate first! I hope I am welcomed as a wishful future owner. I am a fair shade tree mechanic and have contributed on another site called Odyclub, because I own a '00 Honda Odyssey (the best vehicle I have ever owned), so hopefully I can contribute here also. Right now, I'd like to get my future Sprinter converted to a Class B motorhome, probably by Sportsmobile. I am wondering about the seating since we have one child, and unlike the Ford E Series and the GM van, I don't believe you can add a real auto-style chair behind the driver's captain's chair. Is it safe to seat an 8 year old child on the gaucho or even a dinette chair in the back? Anyway, looking forward to discovering the changes coming on the '07, which I have found on Wikepedia will include a new 6 cylinder diesel and a gasoline V6. So, I'll sit down now and make myself at home...:D

sikwan
11-26-2006, 03:20 AM
Welcome to the board Iwantasprinter.

I frequented the Odyclub a lot when deciding between the Sprinter and the latest Odyssey. The Odyssey is a very nice van, but I wanted something more utilitarian. Being able to stand up in the van and getting decent fuel mileage didn't hurt in the decision making. :smilewink:

Altered Sprinter
11-26-2006, 03:36 AM
I just found this site from a link from rv.net forum. Really excited to find it. As you may deduce from my username, I don't have a Sprinter yet, but that is my wish-I need to move some real estate first! I hope I am welcomed as a wishful future owner. I am a fair shade tree mechanic and have contributed on another site called Odyclub, because I own a '00 Honda Odyssey (the best vehicle I have ever owned), so hopefully I can contribute here also. Right now, I'd like to get my future Sprinter converted to a Class B motorhome, probably by Sportsmobile. I am wondering about the seating since we have one child, and unlike the Ford E Series and the GM van, I don't believe you can add a real auto-style chair behind the driver's captain's chair. Is it safe to seat an 8 year old child on the gaucho or even a dinette chair in the back? Anyway, looking forward to discovering the changes coming on the '07, which I have found on Wikepedia will include a new 6 cylinder diesel and a gasoline V6. So, I'll sit down now and make myself at home...:D
Hello New Non-Sprinter owner:eek: welcome to the site,.
Regulations for seating vary from different parts of the world, however a captains chair could be placed in behind the rear drivers seat, but you would have to have DOT approval for it as it must be fixed forward whilst in motion it's tricky one when safety belts are involved for children under 11 years old Canada is different to the USA with mounting points much more stringent and up to date with Euro regulations, afterall if you love the kid, the last thing you would want is to see the child become a human missle in the event of a head on collision:shifty:
The new Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Dodge or Freightliner in the States is stalled for the orphan year of 2006 and part of 2007 due to emission standards and DCX still not working out what you should have in the states.
The new Sprinter has the old 5 inline motor upgraed for the fourth time mainly with the head EGR system to handle the ULSD fuels you will have the option of both Diesel in the old lineup and the new V6 Diesel don't be to sure you will be offered the Gas model I doubt it very much as it's not fuel efficent as the Diesel nor does it have the torque capabilty for a five ton camper.
I hope you are offered the largest of engines and not the old 414 CDI slightly underpowered if your at peak tonnage, there is a new 5 speed auto replaceing the old auto, dual whells wil go for the new extra wide rear rims etc, as these were designed for the vehicle back in 1995 proir to the 2002 ESP being incorporated into the van , of course you will have the latest of safety optons as well Adaptive Electronic Stability Program ESP with ABS, ASR, BAS, EBD, ROM, LAC, RMI, and USC up to thirty miles to the gallon no difeerence between auto and manual depending on how you drive of course.
Have a fantastic day Richard

Iwantasprinter
11-26-2006, 04:15 AM
:bow: Thanks guys for the warm welcome! Altered Sprinter, UR right about the gasoline engine having less torque. I think a diesel will last much longer and have great low end torque. However-and some lovers of diesel may find this close to heresy- I am looking at owning another diesel powered vehicle with some trepidation. You see, about 20+ years ago, I owned a german-made diesel-powered 1979 VW Rabbit. I think it was a 1500cc. It was a pretty good car when I could keep it running but as one of my southern (US) friends said, "it was slower than spit." But, it got 53 mgp on the interstate!! Anyway, that wasn't the main problem. Everytime I did maintenance, I seemed to spill some fuel, usually during the fuel filter change. I'm ok with the exhaust, but I never really liked the smell of raw diesel fuel that much and it never goes away, unlike more volatile gasoline. So, I was kind of thinking about the gasoline engine. But, if it won't do the job, I'll stick to the diesel.

sikwan
11-26-2006, 04:24 AM
Nothing wrong with getting a gas/petrol engine. It's quieter, warms up fast, and way cheaper to maintain.

My little 2.2l four cylinder gas engine in my S-10 gets 22city/28hwy and an amazing 0-60mph in 1 minute. :smilewink:

I'm looking forward to seeing the new Sprinters with diesel or gas.

Iwantasprinter
11-26-2006, 04:39 AM
I am wondering how a V6 will perform in this large van if converted to a camper or even for delivery use. The cylinders would have to be the size of 2lb coffee cans to do the job! After all, Sportsmobile is using the 6.0 liter Vortec V8 for the GM/Chevy and 5.4 liter Triton V8 for the Ford vans that they convert. However, I am sure some old timers (and I am almost there) remember when straight sixes powered some pretty heavy vehicles.

Altered Sprinter
11-26-2006, 05:07 AM

329I am wondering how a V6 will perform in this large van if converted to a camper or even for delivery use. The cylinders would have to be the size of 2lb coffee cans to do the job! After all, Sportsmobile is using the 6.0 liter Vortec V8 for the GM/Chevy and 5.4 liter Triton V8 for the Ford vans that they convert. However, I am sure some old timers (and I am almost there) remember when straight sixes powered some pretty heavy vehicles.
Part one don't worry about the diesel fumes with ULSD at worst standing at idle it may smell like turps nothing more, after 800 rpm the particle filters disipate the fumes no smoke what so ever ( Honest I would not lie:lol: )
The new V6 is awesome in pickup and torque, it's the same as stepping out from a six cylinder to a v8 yet still delivers between 26-30 miles to the gallon ands no oil changes for 30 thousand k's about 16 thousand miles, being nearly and old timer then you'd remember oil changes were every one thousand miles come hail or shine had your head under the hood every Sunday polishing the dipstick ;) only to discover some one put the oil back on the Monday morning:D
The new Sprinters are rated 5tonn that's so far above the current Sprinter so it's not a problem your choise of engines may be limited, depending on what DCX decides America should have, Aussie saying " Bugger" that's not on. but that's the way the cookie crumbles.
pS the new V6 is mostly of alloy construction but it is not a small motor in size, the mother hauls.

Just for the fun of it a little Mercedes propaganda
Link....Propaganda - Mercedes - C-Class Diesel - Google Video (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1772821682534878932)

Altered Sprinter
11-26-2006, 05:38 AM
V6 Engine
will run full specs for 2007 next week keep an eye out in the forum
models and lengths and height
Engine and capacity both 5 inline and v6
all options for in-side and out camera navagation magic lighting electric opening and closing doors the list is like a never ending story.
Richard
Mind you I still like the older style

Zach Woods
11-26-2006, 01:19 PM
Hello Richard -

Thanks for all the info you have been posting!

As you may have heard from others, Daimler Chrysler appears to be only selling the gasoline V6 engine in the US on initial introduction of the 2007 type Sprinter. Apparently largely due to not submitting things for certification early enough to the proper authorities but stringent diesel emissions requirements and a desire to capture the loyal US gasoline van market may also play a role.

A couple of questions:

- Does Australia use Imperial Gallons or ?

- What are the mileages, and torques listed for all of the different 2007 type Sprinter engines available in Australia?

- How many 2007 Sprinters are on the road in Australia (roughly) and are people getting close to the predicted mileages in them?

Thanks!

Altered Sprinter
11-26-2006, 02:18 PM
Hello Zak
If you can bare with me for the best part of next week I'll run it all up on everything I have just recently got back from the Middle East as a mediator with the United nations
Sort of a coincidence but I was dealing with the EPA on emissions in the U.S. through the Eurpoean Justice commision problems with how the U.S was configuring Euro 4 but altering it to save grace on the U.S manufacturing of local vehicles , re class at the moment I'll just leave it untill I PM you lattter on this week coming as it's just hit mid-nite Sunday Local AEST
What I can say is the Diesel both the inline 5 and the new v6 do meet EPA emissions for all so states in the U.S and Canada for 2007 The Sprinter is what is called the orpahan year as to the particle filter exhaust system that has been put on the model for the year 2006-2007 2008 has to run Bluetec and that's where the problem lies it's political so please there is no offence meant I'm not anti-American to the folk on your side of the pond, but I will be honest I am with politics and Companies with collusion to collude Oil companies won't play on a leval playing feild claiming poor or restricted enviromental grounds for development
Fuel in the U.S in both Gas and Diesel are not up to grade major fuel companies are still on exemptions untill 2008 2009 to bring refineries up to grade, the Ron ratings for gas are out of sinc with world standards, Diesel is supossed to be 15ppm but is still running at 22 ppm on exemption this effects the emission rateings for the new mercedes /Dodge and many other makes the VW Jetta has one year to go 2007 and that's the end of the model it can not make the EPA standard on a old engine desinged in the nineties
There is a cross link between DCX one the bluetec model engine or the Sun Diesel concept engine desinged to run on any bio type fuel but they use a differntehaust system the latter is designed to burn off excess fuel inside the engine which reduces horsepower and performance etc, the blue tec system is a unit desinged to wet down the remaing particles inside of the exhaust proir to entering the main particle trap at the rear exhaust, the conflict with this is how can it be distributed throughout the N/Americain sector mail it overnight, to the customers? it seams the fuel distributors are the one to manufacture it,! No any chemicial company can make the golden drop , but try and get distribution rights through the outlets that sell fuel , there is a lot rideing on this at the moment at the highest govenment level , so give me alittle time to sort it out before I start to print.
If for example, think about the problems with vibration on the Sprinters transmission failure torque convertors and blown turbos it's unique to the Americain side only as very few sprinters have this problem else where Australia has a lot of them mostly manual a few autos it's very rare to blow them out FUEL and oil has a lot to do with this.
Australia sells fuel by the lire same as Canada we are a metric country have been since Feb 1966
The sprinters down under or at least mine run 26 miles to the gallon fully loaded with three tons around urban areas on a midland run Hobart to Launceston to the gallon but we do not exceed 65mph speed limited , not the vehicle that is it's the top limit for driveing at , if we are caught speeding there is a three point deduction from your licence of twelve points over three years and a AU $120 00 dollar fine 12 points over three years won't last long if you speed, getting a permit for lossing your licence is almost impossiable to get, unless you are caught on a DUI charge funny isn't it ? It's not OK to speed, but you get a second or third chance for being drunk :thumbdown:
All Major refinery's , Shell , BP Caltex same as Texaco, Mobil have totaly up todate refinery's for producing ULSD Fuel between them they spent over 500 millon dollars but were forced by the Australian govenment to do it Caltex or mobil can't remember which at this time of the night had an extension untill late this year to comply or shut down operations, I think they out sourced it to another supplier to overcome the problem.
Soth Austarlia and tasmania have ULSD down to 10ppm well in advance of the 2009 2010 Emission Euro 5 mandates.
Ps if any spelling mistakes , sorry I'm just tired a bit:D
Richard

Zach Woods
11-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Hello Richard -

No worries on upsetting me re: protectionist US policies!

I have long been trying to make folks aware of the Chicken Tax and it's effects (long time VW Type II enthusiast). This is why passenger Sprinters are imported fully assembled but cargo Sprinters need to be assembled here in the US in order to be sold here.

The US is certainly limiting it's competitive capabilities on a world market with this kind of protectionist foolishness let alone delivering inferior products to US market!

Check out http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1261#post1261 for a link to an interesting discussion of these sorts of issues.

Altered Sprinter
11-26-2006, 11:06 PM
HI Zak
Looks like we will have a fantastic forum had a real quick look on the link Ford Transits , they are here in Australia now the VW Crafter is not as of yet had delivery of units! They have been restricted by Damlier, they are the same but have a real mean front end change, would suite the U.S market for it's aggresive look has the late fourties jail bar look of Ford
VW type 11 can't think of the range with the exception of the sixties fastback fill me in on that one
Just a quick one, with the U.S economics! Where did you think it went wrong
One start period circa?
two mid-life
three demise
Where does the fault lie! Synergies of Managemnet..or Govenment failure for long term growth of it's wealth to economics
Australia has the identicial problem you would be surprised how simular we are in alignment the only difference is we have a small population
Canada your next door neighbour has the same problems as well
Some where along the line each of our countries lost the dream to long term prosperity.
Lifes one big Roller Coaster
Richard

Zach Woods
11-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Hi Richard -

Big questions with long / many answers. Big enough to build an entire career on!

Probably not quite the right forum for this discussion . . .

Send me a PM if you want to discuss this further.

Altered Sprinter
11-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Thanks Zak
At two.40AM Tuesday morn I'm still hard at it seems theres no rest for the wicked:D
Richard

CJPJ
10-06-2017, 02:04 AM
:young woman submitted the tech support message below about her relationship with her husband.

Dear Tech Support,
Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed a distinct slowdown in overall system performance, particularly in the flower and jewelry applications, which operated flawlessly under Boyfriend 5.0. In addition, Husband 1.0 uninstalled many other valuable programs, such as Romance 9.5 and Personal Attention 6.5, and then installed undesirable programs such as: NBA 5.0, NFL 3.0 and Golf Clubs 4.1. Conversation 8.0 no longer runs and House cleaning 2.6 simply crashes the system. Please note that I have tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix these problems, but to no avail. What can I do?
Signed, Desperate.

Dear Desperate,
First keep in mind, Boyfriend 5.0 is an Entertainment Package, while Husband 1.0 is an operating system. Please enter command: I thought you loved me.html and try to download Tears 6.2. Do not forget to install the Guilt 3.0 update. If that application works as designed, Husband 1.0 should then automatically run the applications Jewelry 2.0 and Flowers 3.5.
However, remember, overuse of the above application can cause Husband 1.0 to default to Grumpy Silence 2.5, Happy Hour 7.0, or Beer 6.1. Please note that Beer 6.1 is a very bad program that will download the Farting and Snoring Loudly Beta version. Whatever you do, DO NOT, under any circumstances, install Mother-In-Law 1.0 as it runs a virus in the background that will eventually seize control of all your system resources.
In addition, please, do not attempt to re-install the Boyfriend 5.0 program. These are unsupported applications and will crash Husband 1.0. In summary, Husband 1.0 is a great program, but it does have limited memory and cannot learn new applications quickly. You might consider buying additional software to improve memory and performance. We recommend: Cooking 3.0.
Good Luck!