stuck injector need help fast.

bigrigpardo

I bought this van almost a year ago and am finally getting to the horrible black death that it has from the number 3 injector. I can get it to move back and forth a bit but have broken the top being a little too forceful on it:censored:. now I need to know if anyone has an injector puller that I can rent I am good with tools and can paypal a deposit while I have it and I need 1 good used injector its a 2003 so its an om612. I have the van in a million pieces in my bay and would like to get it back together asap. if anyone can help please let me know I am in north nj if anyone is local. I know this wont be an overnight thing but maybe in a week I would like to have it done.

surlyoldbill

You might be able to use a generic bolt puller, since the injector is already damaged beyond use. Harbor Freight has a kit, and some auto parts stores have free loaner kits.

I got a sticky one out by using Kroil and twisting it side to side while prying up on it. It took 20 minutes of this sawing action but it came out with no damage. Be careful where you pry from, parts of the manifold are very thin and you could crack it; best to use some sort of block of wood as the fulcrum.

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
Since the injector is already trash, I would weld a bolt/bracket/loop to it. The just use whatever puller you have handy.

lindenengineering

I got the injector out this morning. but I still need a good used one if anyone has one.
That's scary!
USED AND GOOD! :thumbdown:
You are an optimist!
A recon from the dealer is about $350!
I think SD has them a bit cheaper!
Why risk an engine failure installing a cheap questionable injector!
Buyer beware!~
Dennis

Top Bottom