PDA

View Full Version : In the fold..sort of

fredbail
12-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Hello all. I just bought a 2006 118 w. b. to use for work. I love to tinker/slave with machines, so I will know something about this van when I am done. What I don't like, or intend to learn, are computers...they are useful to get info, and stuff...but I will always be behind the teck. ball. And pissed about it. I was trying to add some info about myself, could'nt ,got frustrated,quit. Let me say,I try to be of good heart, will help, and will take help. God bless all in this house, but if I am sent computer tips, please remember I don't speak the language. I would be interested in parts sources. I am looking for a tow hitch/wiring harness(I have a step bumper, if that matters)...also a sliding door window. I found a horse trailer window for my old astro, it worked fine...one of a kind, and would go that way again, if I could find another one for free at the horst trailer place. Why did they stop the exhaust pipe under the body? Isn't that against the law? Used to be in D. C. I bet it was to try to hide the exhause fumes...why else? Thanks to all who responded to previous questions, I will consult this site for info. and add by blurbs in the wrong places from time to time.

jdcaples
12-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Fred, you sound like my kind of people. Welcome to Sprinter-Source. I hate tech too, for whatever that's worth.

I'll let others speak to your specific questions about parts, stopping the exhaust under the body etc. I look forward to your blubs in all the wrong places, too; variety, spice and all that :)

Happy Friday

-Jon

sikwan
12-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Fred...everything takes practice and time. Whether it be wrenching underneath your van or probing for that possible short, it's all the same fun for me.

I love tech whether it's mechanical or electrical. :smirk:

On the hitch, you have one of those special 118 that need a special hitch to fit without removing the spare tire. I don't know how true it is. I know someone had purchased a hitch from sprinter accessories (the one hitch reportedly to work with the spare on a 118) and the box that the hitch came in was from Cequent (maker of Hidden Hitch (http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4&highlight=hidden+hitch), Draw-Tite, etc.). I never got a part number from the individual. He did furnish the Cequent name though.

On the sliding window, maybe you can contact Ami-Sven. He's parting out his 2006...

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4778