misfire and fuel knock after truck died on the road....

HELPMEPLEASE

Hi everyone, I am brand new on this forum and could really use some help. I have a 2010 freightliner sprinter with a Mercedes diesel engine that died very suddenly on the road. I could not get it restarted and the battery cables were very hot. Had It towed back to my shop and found the plastic piece separating positive from negative on the starter was broken and arking sparks across the gap as I tried to crank it. I replaced the starter and got it running, but now it's running rough, definitely misfiring, I have a check engine light with several codes (will list below) and a knocking sound that could very well be a fuel knock. The codes I pulled with a generic scan tool are here:

p0306 cylinder 6 misfire
p2002 dpf efficiency
p2453 dpf pressure sensor circuit low
p244A - no generic description
p2454dpf diff pressure sensor circuit low

Has anyone else had this happen? What can I check? My local Freightliner dealer always keeps my truck for at least a week or 2 without looking at it and then charges me obscene amounts and says nothing is ever under warranty. I really don't want to bring it there. I truly appreciate any advice that may prevent me from taking it to the dealer again. Thanks very much for reading this, I am currently stumped. :thinking:

Last edited:

Top Bottom