PDA

View Full Version : HELP getting error message from odb port. Can't get emissions test done

willrwilli
08-05-2016, 07:31 PM
I have an 03 sprinter 2500 and when I take it to be tested they say there is no communication. On my Odb tester it says

Error
Failed to read emissions monitor status no ODBII response

Right now can't drive it due to expired plates

autostaretx
08-05-2016, 07:40 PM
Broken/missing pin in the OBD socket??
Loose connector on the ECU? (highly unlikely)

"email S test" ?? What state (or country) are you in?

--dick

Aqua Puttana
08-05-2016, 07:56 PM
Another possible guess is interference by any added electronics. There is a history of tagged on equipment stopping ODBII port communication even though the ECM aka ECU and other modules are able to communicate enough to operate.

vic

lindenengineering
08-05-2016, 08:03 PM
This might be helpful
Dennis
http://pinoutsguide.com/CarElectronics/car_obd2_pinout.shtml

smiller
08-05-2016, 08:25 PM
"email S test" ?? What state (or country) are you in?
I'm guessing that's what happens when you mis-type 'emissions' and a spell-checker further mutilates it.

willrwilli
08-05-2016, 08:39 PM
Ugh didn't see typo. I'm in Cleveland Ohio

willrwilli
08-06-2016, 02:15 AM
When I first got my van it did not have a radio or a cigarette lighter. Maybe when these were added they tapped into something. I will disconnect that stuff and see if anything changes.

jmoller99
08-10-2016, 07:36 PM
My ODBII port was flaky as a result of bad contacts in the fuse box under the steering column. You may want to clean the contacts (there are a lot of them). I couldn't get my DAD unit to work with it. I swapped out the Fuse Box with a new one, finding corrosion on the contacts of the one I removed. I used spray contact cleaner on all the connectors that plugged into the new Fuse Box.