2002 freightliner no 02 sensor

marto

I get a o2 sensor code with torque app and looking at my exhaust system it does not have any o2 sensors, is that normal?

jmoller99

Own a DAD ODB2 Unit.
You are right, there is no O2 Sensor on a 2002. Perhaps its trying to read it without realising that its not needed on the 2002/2003 Sprinters. It exists on the 2004 and later models.

marto

Thank you ,
One less thing to worry about,
I also have egr codes I did the egr cancel circuit from the write ups but something went wrong because I lost the turbo when it was connected, maybe I did something wrong.
I'm having hard to start when hot issues, I order the high pressure solenoid o ring and will change it in few days let's see if it's that , otherwise once it start it runs well!

marto

By the way when doesn't start my trick is to. Let the glow plugs warm seven or eight times and then it starts

jmoller99

Own a DAD ODB2 Unit.
I recall that the EGR Cancel Circuit was not reliable, however Green Diesel has a tune that eliminates it (I plan on getting it when ever my 2002's EGR does not respond to a good cleaning - I have a junk yard spare EGR unit on mine now, plus the working original as a spare). I'll get the SKREEM Disabled with the tune as well.

marto

Yesits a good idea, actually yesterday i was reading all the posts about it and bought it, didnt get the skrerm option, its something i should consider ?
My central lock system was disable when I got the van , I re started it and I think side sliding door solenoid is bad but it locks at fourth click on the key remote , a pain , something I have to look at.
Got the van for 3k , so understandable , reconstruction proccess is going well dough, 275k odo.

Top Bottom