2004 Crank case vent cover seal leaking

HelloPitty

My 2004 Sprinter was at the dealership for an injector seal issue, which I ultimately took to my local diesel repair center for the fix.

But after reading more on the invoice I ran across this statement:

"During inspection on line e found small amounts of engine oil at rear of valve cover top on passenger side, found crank case vent cover seal leaking." they went on to say I declined the repair. They didn't inform me of it....I was there for the seal.

I'm trying to figure out where that part is. I know all parts are crucial, but wondered if it should be of immediate concern.

lindenengineering

They are referring to the "tower block" black breather box sat on top of the valve chest cover.
Sealed by a square section periphery seal it often leaks at the back corner.
Go easy when you take it off--read spendy to replace , but the seal is about $75 from your local dealer.
No brainer to install
Dennis
Mechanic

HelloPitty

They are referring to the "tower block" black breather box sat on top of the valve chest cover.
Sealed by a square section periphery seal it often leaks at the back corner.
Go easy when you take it off--read spendy to replace , but the seal is about $75 from your local dealer.
No brainer to install
Dennis
Mechanic
As an update, I have not taken care of this yet. It has been in the back of my mind and at this time I think I should do it.
May I ask the exact part I need to order? Do I ask for a 2004 Valve Chest Cover seal?
Or Tower Block seal?

Top Bottom