Mystery lever under edge of fixed passenger seat?

lzcamper

There's a small thumb-size spring-loaded lever just below the middle front edge of the seat cushion on the fixed passenger seat in my '06 T1N. My Sprinter came with an aux. battery under that seat. I thought that it might release the seat cushion to provide access to the battery. Even though the lever can be moved enough to an "unlock" position, nothing gives. Any ideas about the function of this lever?:idunno:

Rick

avid

Saphira's rider
There's a small thumb-size spring-loaded lever just below the middle front edge of the seat cushion on the fixed passenger seat in my '06 T1N. My Sprinter came with an aux. battery under that seat. I thought that it might release the seat cushion to provide access to the battery. Even though the lever can be moved enough to an "unlock" position, nothing gives. Any ideas about the function of this lever?:idunno:

Rick
That is the cushion unlock button. It takes some muscle, slide button and pull seat cushion forward. Study carefully before re-installing.

lzcamper

avid,

Thanks, I'll try it. When you say, "Study carefully before re-installing", do you really mean it's something not to be tampered with or is it there to provide easy access to the battery?

Rick

avid

Saphira's rider
avid,

Thanks, I'll try it. When you say, "Study carefully before re-installing", do you really mean it's something not to be tampered with or is it there to provide easy access to the battery?

Rick
Rick,

I watched my salesman try for about five minutes to get it back on. He was trying to get it on without looking at how it worked. There are two pairs of catches that go in slots on the chair. Set it in the slots and push on. Simple, but if one was just hoping things work out, it might take awhile. :D:

Top Bottom