Checking the NAG1

bikergar

Why is it that the Sprinters check the temp and level of the NAG1 in Drive and some other NAG1 installations check the temp in Drive and the level in Park?:idunno:

gary

sikwan

06 Tin Can
At least on the T1Ns,

-Temp can only be checked when it's in Park or Neutral. It's how the circuit is set up.
-Level is measured when it's in Drive or Reverse.

I tried the Level check in Park, and it's incorrect with the correct recommended amount of fluid added.

I don't know about the NCV3's.

bikergar

Seek

That's just backwards from the Jeep and Chrysler NAGs. Read the warnings, cautions, and notes on pg 4 and 5 of this.

gary

sikwan

06 Tin Can
You got it right Gary. I don't know about the Level part, but the temperature part is due to a wiring set up on the shifter.

bikergar

Sooo...

Temp is checked in R or Forward gears...Question??? and

Level is checked in N or P...Question???

gary

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
I believe you check the level with the engine running and the gear selector in Park. That's how I read Step 8.

PS: after thinking about this a little bit, I think it would be wise to record the level of the factory fill at some temperature (cold? hot? I don't know that it matters) and then after replacing the fluid, match the new level to the old level at the given temperature.

Last edited:

bikergar

I really am not trying to beat this issue up. With the modifications I've added I want to make sure things are right. Two out of three dealers I've been to don't check the temp. They figure if you drive it in the temp is OK.

gary

Top Bottom