PDA

View Full Version : Any idea what needs to be removed for DPF delete?

sprinteryyc
06-22-2016, 12:11 AM
I have a 2010 3l with 101,000km on it. Just got a check engine light with code P20BE. The guy at the local part store said the reader indicated an issue with the sensor on the heating element in the DEF tank. Upon further investigation, the cost to replace it (no warranty left) would be over $2k. The problem is, another issue will probably arise in short order as that tends to happen with this van. That said, I've always considered doing a DPF and EGR delete. Its a farm vehicle and doesn't require licensing nor do we have the regulations that some have. I contacted an ECU programming place that specializes in European tuning and he assured me he's done many in the area with zero complaints. The problem is, they just preform the programming. I will have to do the "deleting" of the filter and whatever else I need to do. My question is, what needs to be done? Do I remove sensors? Can I leave it all hooked up until after the tune? Then remove the parts? I don't have an appointment for two weeks so I'd like to know if I should get started now or wait. Thanks for anyone brave enough to comment, I know people get a lot of slack for talking about removing emissions parts. This is a legal situation however, so I appreciate your advice.
Cheers.

smiller
06-22-2016, 02:07 AM
The person providing the reprogramming would be the best to answer any questions, but generally if you do a DPF delete you will need to physically remove the DPF else without regenerations taking place it will eventually foul and create an exhaust restriction.

miskolci
06-22-2016, 03:27 AM
Hi sprinteryyc , could you tell the name of the programming company. I considered doing a DPF and EGR delete.

owner
06-22-2016, 03:32 AM
You can just punch out the ceramic guts of the dpf, so no need to buy anything. Just takes time.

sprinteryyc
06-22-2016, 04:06 AM
Thanks everyone.
Miskolci - I'm not sure the name of the place would help as you're in Florida and I'm in Calgary Alberta.
Owner - perfect, thank you.
Smiller- yes the guy said he would show me what I'd need to do, I'm just anxious :bounce:

sprinteryyc
06-22-2016, 10:49 PM
The person providing the reprogramming would be the best to answer any questions, but generally if you do a DPF delete you will need to physically remove the DPF else without regenerations taking place it will eventually foul and create an exhaust restriction.

Thanks, At the ECU place the guy pointed to what appears to be a Catalytic Converter (1) as per the diagram. But I also checked with a dealership by asking for a part number, which I've had no luck researching. (9064900600) So I really need to know for certain, which filter to remove.
Is it the one closest to the turbo (#1 on the diagram)? Is it the second one (#5 on the diagram) or is it the third one? (#7?) The ECU shop says its the first one(1), and the dealership says the first one(1) but every diagram I see says the first one is a CAT and the second one is a DPF. I'm so confused???? Will the real DPF please stand up!
The first one looks like an expensive job. The second one is easy peezy.
https://www.genuinemercedesparts.com/parts/2010/Mercedes-Benz/Sprinter%202500/Base?siteid=215306&vehicleid=309725&diagram=5910235

Vitnet
10-06-2016, 02:44 AM
I had all bunch of problems all related to the DEF system, one after another. Mercedes Sprinter 2011. Eventually it came to limited startups to fix the problems. In the Shop i was told that I am looking for 7-8 thousands if shop does the work. Not even talking about Mercedes services.
Did research. Found a shop with great reputation. They reprogramed computer. Removed DEF system. 1 day deal.
All my problems - gone! It is different car now. It drives with power, save on fuel, now don't have to use Sync Mobil1 but regular oil, no speed limitation and few other things that will not bother me in the future (like Manifolds, EGR, DPF, VGT RMCR, etc)

Computer has to be reprogramed. (You can send it through the mail. Easy)
Have to remove filter.

Let me know if want if you have any specific questions.

lindenengineering
10-06-2016, 03:17 AM
Just out of interest what happens if on a roadside emission "drive by" pollution check (In some states) and you flag up a high NOx output and get knobbled!

Or on a regular E test and the stored codes are flagged by mandatory scan and you fail!
What then?:thinking:

Can you assure everyone reading this post that the very recent Paris Global Warming & Pollution accords which POTUS agreed to is an idealist disillusion individual when it comes to pollution issues in NA?

OR are you one of the many that consider you are exceptional and the rules don't apply to you?
BUT everyone else must have pollution conforming vehicles on our highways?
AND need I mention in dense urban conurbations except you??? --Those that sign on to this ideal!!
Curious usual!:thinking:
Dennis

Bobnoxious
10-06-2016, 03:27 AM
Dennis

Nevermind that, where's the 906 sensor?

lindenengineering
10-06-2016, 03:37 AM
WOT sensor?:thinking:
They got lots of em on 906's scattered about!
:laughing:Dennis

4wheels
10-06-2016, 03:46 AM
Somewere in Missouri I saw a sign , saying -
is she above our laws ?

Bobnoxious
10-06-2016, 03:48 AM
Just name your van Hillary Clinton and you're good to go

Bobnoxious
10-06-2016, 03:57 AM
Was the DPF filter clogged? Stuff looks clean.

lindenengineering
10-06-2016, 03:59 AM
Who me?
Dennis