12v power outlet

itsl

Hello. I want to add a rear 12V outlet to my van. I can see there is a space for one in the rear pillar, does anyone have the part code for the outlet part at all? Local dealers aren't really being helpful here :-( thanks in advance.

Say what

The product noted by pfflyer is awesome. Make sure you use insulated terminals on your wires so they never short out if they fall off the connector.

pfflyer

The product noted by pfflyer is awesome. Make sure you use insulated terminals on your wires so they never short out if they fall off the connector.
Good point. There is a lot metal body close to the connections. I know they still sell non-insulated terminals but is there any application where non-insulated is preferred or better.

Insulated connectors are a good idea.

It is never good practice to allow the wiring to strain against any connection/connector. The thing to do is cable tie or otherwise secure the wiring close to the connectors so that they never fall off. After a cover of electrical tape, on some installations I have looped the wire(s) back against the connector body and cable tied around everything to secure it.

vic

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
On all connections I use heat shrink tubing. Cheap from Harbor Freight. HF also has an inexpensive heat gun. Tubing is insulation and shrinks to hold the connection together.

itsl

Hey guys thanks. Well we have used the aux battery and installed a fuse box in the passenger seat next to it. From that we have run the radio, some external lights sub amp and an invertor. But my plan was to use the existing hole inbetween the grey plastic things in the back. I don't mind making it larger to put a normal 12v outlet in (which I have) just thought it would be nice to make it all factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pfflyer

Hey guys thanks. Well we have used the aux battery and installed a fuse box in the passenger seat next to it. From that we have run the radio, some external lights sub amp and an invertor. But my plan was to use the existing hole inbetween the grey plastic things in the back. I don't mind making it larger to put a normal 12v outlet in (which I have) just thought it would be nice to make it all factory.

I don't recall ever seeing a factory outlet to know what it looks like. How is the Blue Sea different especially for the part you can see. I installed mine in the plastic insert because it was easier and truth be known never thought about the existing hole. Went out to the van just now and see what you are talking about. Once it is all said and done nobody would probably know it's not factory.

itsl

I'm not really bothered about people not knowing its factory I just would rather not faf cutting it if I can order the correct part, No problems. Thanks.

Top Bottom