Quick Intro and Some help

turbo97se

Hi all

I just acquired a 2006 3500 Sprinter passenger van. I have a 2005 E320 CDI with the OM648 also and am a bit fan of these engines and these vans now. I have done numerous DIYs on Mercedes forums and hope to be able to contribute some here too. I can see it is a very mature forum already though.

Anyway, my van has some minor issues I need to fix and wondered if some knowledgable people can help:

1. The slider on the side door is damaged and I want to replace it:

Here is the image with part number from EPC on line 9017600627. However, I can't seem to find this part number in North America and the one I can find is 05104418AA which looks basically the same but says specifically without glass. Does anyone know what the differences are or where I can find the slider for my VIN?

2. I have one or two pullies that are bad. I have read about different tensioner designs that can cause possible issues. Read that Litens is the best somewhere for tensioner but not sure about the pullies.

3. Low beams are not functioning, high beam is OK so I doubt it's the bulbs since it is also on both sides.

4. Where is the best place to get OEM parts for the Sprinter. I know for Mercedes it is OEDiscountparts.com. Not sure about the Sprinter vans. I have seen http://www.sprinterparts.net/oem-sprinter-parts.html and http://www.factorychryslerparts.com .. not sure what site is better.

Thanks everyone!

surlyoldbill

The bulbs probably ARE bad. They seem to go out within days if not hours of each other. You can buy a new set for $10-20 to test/fix the theory, or use a multi-tester to check for voltage at the low beam pin on the headlight connector.

I had highs but not lows when my bulbs burned out.

turbo97se

Thank you .. yes I could've just tried the bulbs I guess but seemed unusual that both would be out and only the lows were out. Definitely will try with multimeter first. Thought it may be a bad ground or corrosion in the holders. Since, I had a bunch of questions, I thought I'd throw it out there too.

turbo97se

Just following up here in case anyone else needs this ... the door slide part number 9017600627 is a Mercedes part (since I looked on EPC for Mercedes ... ) The cross reference part number is 5104418AA for the slider and 5104330AC for the striker that I was looking for ... Does anyone know of an EPC site for Dodge parts? Would be easier to find stuff this way it seems.

Thanks also for the tensioner information. Much appreciated.

Top Bottom