PDA

View Full Version : Help please v6 chockes up hill

wojtas
05-28-2016, 12:43 AM
Hello to all forum members and thanks for any ideas what it could be.
Here is the story :
I spoke with friend of mine other day about his problems with 2015 sprinter which it choked very often during local driving , basically it feels like it is transmission especially at high engine load going up hill.
So dealer replaced tranny/torque converter/entire exhaust system/egr valve in the end they give him new van because could not figure out what was wrong.
Guess what my van started doing it few days ago but not as often.
I hope there is somebody that had that problem corrected.

wojtas
05-28-2016, 12:53 AM
And yes I'm talking about almost new vans my friends one start doing it at 5K miles end up getting new one at 20k
Mine has 20 k now and just started last week

lindenengineering
05-28-2016, 02:34 PM
This van is under warranty!
Yes?
If so its a dealer job, that's why you have dealers and you have paid a tariff percentage in the MSRP purchase price to cover that!

Get your some of your money back by asking the dealership in question to attend to it.
If its significant then post it on this forum for other users info.
Cheers Dennis

wojtas
05-28-2016, 04:58 PM
Yes you are correct but they have no idea what is the problem .
And as mentioned before my friends one went back to manufacturer with bunch of new parts and no solution .
I was hopping someone had same problem and it was fixed.
Thank you

lindenengineering
05-28-2016, 05:31 PM
Yes you are correct but they have no idea what is the problem .
And as mentioned before my friends one went back to manufacturer with bunch of new parts and no solution .
I was hopping someone had same problem and it was fixed.
Thank you

They don't have an idea!:thumbdown:
That is BS!--Balloni!
They have factory support and zone reps just like other manufactures.

The modus operandi is to take it to another dealer who is willing to look at it or they call tech support and get the big guns involved.

There is a procedure something like a service customer complaint application forms to fill in and submit to factory support service level.

If they refuse to look at it then start talking Lemon law & buy backs, & that usually gets attention because money is involved.
All the best
Dennis
Mechanic

MeRob
05-28-2016, 05:33 PM
What are you waiting for?...a Mechanical Diagnosis or a Solution to your concern... Your friend evidently had a similar problem...and it was solved by confronting his MB Dealer. Now you are the one with a similar problem and a Warranty! ...so use it! At this stage, who cares what the problem is. That's MB' s problem to figure out. Lindenengineery said it all. But it would certainly be of interest to the forum if the problem was eventually identified and rectified. I've heard that nothing works better than a 'FRESH' Warranty! Rob