PDA

View Full Version : Looking for my 2nd Sprinter. Having troubles

bryanfowler
05-24-2016, 04:17 AM
First, I should acknowledge that I know it's a bit of a tough search, but here's what I'm looking for.

Black or Dark Grey
170wb,
Cargo or Crew van.
4cyl (but 6cyl would be ok if it had all I'm looking for)

I'm hoping for a 'loaded' version that's a 2014 or newer.
120k miles or less would be great. Looking for things like aux battery, blind spot assist, cruise, backup camera, driver comfort stuff.

I've been having a tough time finding ones that are available. I've found three, but I'm second in line for them.

I'm hoping NOT to buy brand new, because I'd rather someone else take the depreciation.
But the problem is finding a used one. I thought that I could have a dealer search a nationwide database, but they can't. At least not for used.

Some dealers just don't call back. Others just say, "that's real tough to find" and don't call ever again. So I DO know it's hard to find, but I have found three. Just need to find 1 that isn't spoken for.

Anyone have advice for finding what I'm looking for?

I have over 140 bookmarks for dealer's used vans pages, but I realize they don't update that all the time.

Thanks!

SWATCO
05-24-2016, 11:07 PM
I can tell you in my search that I used http://www.searchtempest.com/ to check a radius of 500 miles. It basically searches all of craigslist within your set parameters. Its not the best search tool, but I basically searched every morning and afternoon. Finally found my beauty in Portland and bought it. Good luck!