PDA

View Full Version : Transmission shifting issue

Jonesy6626
05-07-2016, 03:05 PM
I have been trying to work out my final issue with my 2008 with 120000 miles. I have an issue with low throttle shifting into 2nd gear. There seems to be a lock up problem. It feels like a second shift happens. If I am pressing the throttle down more aggressively, it shifts perfect.
I have changed the fluid, filter and drained the torque converter. Used Fuchs 134 approved fluid. I had this problem before changing, and have waited for the issue to correct itself as others have reported conditions improving after fluid change. Is this a lock up solinoid problem?

talkinghorse43
05-08-2016, 02:23 AM
Under the right conditions, the NAG1 tranny torque converter can lock up in all 5 forward gears.

05-08-2016, 02:39 PM
I have been trying to work out my final issue with my 2008 with 120000 miles. I have an issue with low throttle shifting into 2nd gear. There seems to be a lock up problem. It feels like a second shift happens. If I am pressing the throttle down more aggressively, it shifts perfect.
I have changed the fluid, filter and drained the torque converter. Used Fuchs 134 approved fluid. I had this problem before changing, and have waited for the issue to correct itself as others have reported conditions improving after fluid change. Is this a lock up solinoid problem?

when I had my 2007 I had experienced hard shifting. All it ended up being was a plugged up EGR/EGR Cooler. It was a real pain to remove the egr cooler but once I cleaned it out it ran like a charm again. So here's to hoping it's not an actual tranny issue.

Mike

Jonesy6626
05-08-2016, 09:06 PM
Have the GDE tune installed. Was one of the reasons I did it. Had many benefits, but correcting this issue, wasn't one of them.