CEL Reset, already fixed the problem, but CEL still on

synergy_58

2009 Navion and 2015 Crew
So CEL came on, it was the glow plug module. Installed a new OEM module but of course the CEL is still on. Went to dealer, they won't do it because they did't fix it. Advance auto, O'reilly and NAPA says it's illegal for them to do it. Local wrench want's $50.00! Come on!

Anybody… how can I do this? Someone said disconnect both terminals of the battery, main and Aux.

This light is bugging me now. HELP!

lindenengineering

If you have fixed it it will go out by itself--Have a bit of patience because you will need to go through a few cold starts.

If you clear it it will open ALL the I/M 240 monitors so better to do what you are doing--drive the bloody thing

As for illegal--what a lot of bollocks!
Dennis
Mechanic

showkey

:hmmm:Local wrench is suppose to work for free ??????? He has expenses too........and risks.....( like a come back).

:hmmm:I am little surprised the dealer refuse to clear the code.......but they would need to charge a fee as well and likely need to near a $100. A dealer work order as costs often cost $40 just to write the order, that's before the tech gets the order, drives the car in, clears the code and then test drives. The dealer is afraid if they clear the code ........you will come back with the CEL back on and say the truck is not fixed and you demand a repair even though they did no "real work." Not everyone is honest or understanding :cheers:

Alternative.......buy your own scan tool for $200-$250.

Top Bottom