PDA

View Full Version : glow plug question

sleeper bird
04-25-2016, 03:47 PM
i had a number one cyl glow-plug issue,changed it and was wondering will the check engine go out on its own or do i need to bring it in to have computer reset?

Rob S
04-25-2016, 04:56 PM
If the glow plug was the only issue, it should reset by itself.

However, without knowing the actual code, and the year and model of the van, it is hard to provide more useful info.

If it is the 2008 you mention in your stats, then you might need a new controller if it has not already been replaced.

Front and centre on the engine, if it is a small square black box, it is likely the old model that does not reset itself.

Very easy to install yourself.

sleeper bird
04-25-2016, 07:59 PM
sorry yea its the 08, controller has been changed for the newer model.Drove it about 30 miles today with check engine light still on.The code was p0671 according to my scanguage

sleeper bird
05-01-2016, 02:08 PM
check engine light reset itself after about 100 miles,just wanted to add that to thread in case someone else was wondering

lindenengineering
05-01-2016, 05:21 PM
check engine light reset itself after about 100 miles,just wanted to add that to thread in case someone else was wondering

There you go confirmed !--no need to go wiping out CEL lights * opening closed I/M 240 monitors !
Dennis