Fuel Leak When Espar Is Used

cousi

Just wondering if anyone's run into this problem....? (I did search it first)
Seems when I use the booster heater I see fuel on the ground in under the fuel tank.
I'm thinking there's a return fuel line from the Espar that might be the culprit?

Just wondering if anyone's run into this problem....? (I did search it first)
Seems when I use the booster heater I see fuel on the ground in under the fuel tank.
I'm thinking there's a return fuel line from the Espar that might be the culprit?
There is no return line on the Espar fuel system. The pump is mounted somewhat near the fuel tank. Maybe the fuel is following a frame member and dripping a ways from the leak.
vic

Grig

I have a similar problem... Two days ago I found fuel under the tank. The tank is half empty and the RV (Winny View 2006) was in storage (insid and heated) until last week. I didn't see any fuel leak on the storage floor.
I checked under the tank and apparently the leak is on the top of the tank. I assume I should remove the tank to check, right? Anyone had similar issue?

Thanks

cousi

There is no return line on the Espar fuel system. The pump is mounted somewhat near the fuel tank. Maybe the fuel is following a frame member and dripping a ways from the leak.
vic
I'll have to look again but I seem to recall a very small clear plastic tube from the Espar,
possibly a vent? :thinking:

vanski

If it’s winter, I’m probably skiing..
i use my espar a ton... although i've never found fuel to leak, i have removed the line and ran it to a kerosen jug instead of the diesel tank to clean out the heater. there are four points of connection where you could have a small leak; one at the tank, one going into the fuel meetering pump from the tank, one on the other side of the meetering pump, and one going into heater.

also possible, but unlikely, that you have a hole in the fuel line somewhere...

it's pretty easy to trace the entire line.

perhaps run the heater and trace the line.?.?.?

Top Bottom