PDA

View Full Version : Aufmerksamkeit Achtung Warnung!!!!

Bobnoxious
04-17-2016, 06:20 AM
My awesome and most exquisite 2015 Sprinter just turned 10 grand today. So, I thought would rotate the tires. However, my 30-year-old, communist manufactured Harbor Freight floor jack finally went kaput!

As a result, I broke out and un-bagged the brand new, super duper hydraulic jack that came with the Sprinter. Guess what? The piece of scheisse wouldn't work! Yes sir, Meredes-Benz real quality! My only consolation is I made this discovery while in the comfort and convenience of my laboratory (I refrain from using the term "workshop" or the word "work") and not on the side of of a remote road.

I bring this others attention as they may want to see if their jack works...er, I mean functions.

Tooth Fairy
04-17-2016, 08:38 AM
Guess what? The piece of scheisse wouldn't work!

Did you twiddle the little handle on the jack to close off the valve for pumping?

Probably not, maybe you should get your man servant to twiddle for you, report back after a twiddle.

Graphite Dave
04-17-2016, 12:40 PM
Why wouldn't it work?

FYI it is a 2 stage jack.

On my 08 the lug bolt wrench supplied by Mercedes would bend before it would loosen the bolts. Had to buy a breaker bar and socket from HF.

lindenengineering
04-17-2016, 01:40 PM
My awesome and most exquisite 2015 Sprinter just turned 10 grand today. So, I thought would rotate the tires. However, my 30-year-old, communist manufactured Harbor Freight floor jack finally went kaput!

As a result, I broke out and un-bagged the brand new, super duper hydraulic jack that came with the Sprinter. Guess what? The piece of scheisse wouldn't work! Yes sir, Meredes-Benz real quality! My only consolation is I made this discovery while in the comfort and convenience of my laboratory (I refrain from using the term "workshop" or the word "work") and not on the side of of a remote road.

I bring this others attention as they may want to see if their jack works...er, I mean functions.

Bobnoxious
What are you doing ? FFS
The jack is there for MB roadside assistance or certified MB mechanics at a dealership to use ONLY!.

The only exception are Mexican mechanics who work in "talleres" also known as a patch of dirt in some areas , but definitely not "laboratorios".:hugs:
The exception might be a trash truck mechanics.
Used to working with & on rubbish related problems every day they should be able to resolve the problem for you with a few Piasters changing hands.
Best of luck & all the best.
Dennis
Mechanic
(apprenticed many yurs ago on Shelvoke & Drury trash trucks) :laughing:

sailquik
04-17-2016, 02:58 PM
Bobnoxious,
In what way did the OEM service jack "not work"?
If the plastic bag it comes packaged in was full of oil, then I can understand WHY it didn't work, but otherwise, since it's
a very high capacity 2 stage hydraulic jack you set it up an use it just like any other hydraulic bottle jack except:
1/ You have to close off the bleeder valve (if it's not already closed) first so the jack can build pressure under the
2 stage ram.
2/ Since it's a high capacity jack, each full stroke of the pump doesn't extend the ram very far, but it does go up.
3/ Then, when you've pumped it quite a few times and have reached the top of the first stage of the ram (and are convinced that MB
screwed up and provided a service jack that doesn't have enough range to even get the wheel off the ground (even with a 2" x 8-12" x 18-24" plank
or 2 under the base of the jack) you pump some more, the effort to pump gets a bit harder and "Voila" the 2nd stage of the jack ram (the smaller one on the
inside of the larger one) successfully lifts your Sprinter high enough to remove the wheel and tire.
4/ No need to jack the wheel any higher that just enough to take the pressure off a fully inflated tire so the lug bolts or lug studs (516/519/3500 uses lug studs)
so you don't have to lift the heavy tire/wheel, just pull it free of the studs (516/519/3500) and roll the away.
5/ New tire/wheel gets rolled into place and goes right on the studs (516/519/3500) without lifting....just slide it sideways into place.
On 316/319/2500 Sprinters with lug bolts (vs the studs on the 3500's with dual rear wheels) you do it the same way and then you can rotate the hub to align the
lug bolt holes in the wheel with the lug bolt tapped threads in the hub and install all 5 lug bolts....never having to lift a heavy wheel/tire assembly.
6/ Snug all the lug bolts or lug nuts up with a regular lug nut wrench (19 mm if I recall) and then release the valve on the jack to set the Sprinter back down on
the wheel you just changed.
7/ Get out your torque wrench and torque all the lugs to the torque specified in your Operator's Manual.
Here's the torque specifications (from the 2014 Operator's Manual:
Sprinter Wheel Tightening Torques:
Edited from the 2014 USA Spec Sprinter Operator’s Manual

316/319/2500 Series Sprinter w 5 or 6 Lug BOLTS w single rear wheels
Wheel/Lug BOLT tightening torque:
Steel wheels: 177 lb-ft (240 Nm)
Light Alloy wheels: 133 lb-ft (180 Nm)

416/516/519 3500 Series Sprinter w 6 Lug NUTS with DUAL rear wheels
Steel Wheel /Lug NUT tightening torque: 133 lb-ft (180 Nm)
If you have light alloy wheels on your 516/519/3500 Sprinter or Sprinter
based RV use the torque specifications that came with the aftermarket
light alloy wheels!
As suggested, get a 24" min. 1/2 " Drive breaker bar and a 19 mm (0.74802") socket (a 3/4" six point socket will work here) to loosen
the lug bolts (2500 series) or lug nuts (3500 series).
Here's a link to a torque wrench @ Lowe's that's up to the task of correctly and accurately tightening 2500 series Sprinter lug bolts:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_337334-22328-85602_0__?productId=3381202
Hope this helps,
Roger

autostaretx
04-17-2016, 03:02 PM
My awesome and most exquisite 2015 Sprinter just turned 10 grand today.
... so you're still under the "bumper-to-bumper" portion of your warranty.

Appear at your dealership and say "Please fix or replace"

--dick
p.s. a few years ago there was a thread started by someone finding out that his T1N's jack had leaked its oil into the storage well. That kicked a bunch of us to go out and test our jacks. I used mine (like you) to rotate my tires ... including a go at the lug wrench.
Unlike you, i was lucky ... the entire kit functioned properly. (i also already carried a better lug wrench in the form of my trusty 45-year-old Craftsman 1/2" ratchet, but there might be a day it got left at home)

Bobnoxious
04-17-2016, 03:30 PM
Did you twiddle the little handle on the jack to close off the valve for pumping?

Probably not, maybe you should get your man servant to twiddle for you, report back after a twiddle.

Lol! Yes by golly I not only twiddled but fiddled with it too with very strong tongue. Nope, no effect. Charles, my man-servant who prefers the title "Estate manager" had recently fired my personal mechanic, Gunther, for recommending the Sprinter. So, for the first time in my life, I decided to go out and see what it was actually like to work...er exert physical effort.

Bobnoxious
04-17-2016, 03:39 PM
Why wouldn't it work?

FYI it is a 2 stage jack.

On my 08 the lug bolt wrench supplied by Mercedes would bend before it would loosen the bolts. Had to buy a breaker bar and socket from HF.

Yeah, I noticed the telescoping ram. The first ram extends fine but the second larger diameter portion continued to slip around the smaller portion. Maybe because it has been stored on its side for who knows how many years the fluid needs more time to flow to the reservoir?

I just wanted to share this with others so they won't discover this when they need it the most.

sailquik
04-17-2016, 03:51 PM
Ummmm..... the Sprinter 2 stage Service Jack is not designed to work without a load on the top saddle.
When the top saddle is loaded (hopefully on the recommended Sprinter jacking points clearly defined in the Operator's Manual)
the smaller 2nd stage ram will stay down inside the larger (outer) 1st stage ram until the 1st stage ram is fully extended and
is stopped from going any higher by the snap ring on the ram hitting the top ring of the jack body.
Then the 2nd stage will begin to extend.
Roger

Bobnoxious
04-17-2016, 04:05 PM
Bobnoxious
What are you doing ? FFS
The jack is there for MB roadside assistance or certified MB mechanics at a dealership to use ONLY!.

The only exception are Mexican mechanics who work in "talleres" also known as a patch of dirt in some areas , but definitely not "laboratorios".:hugs:
The exception might be a trash truck mechanics.
Used to working with & on rubbish related problems every day they should be able to resolve the problem for you with a few Piasters changing hands.
Best of luck & all the best.
Dennis
Mechanic
(apprenticed many yurs ago on Shelvoke & Drury trash trucks) :laughing:

Gosh, I just don't know I was thinking about using the jack. It will never happened again.

Bobnoxious
04-17-2016, 04:08 PM
Bobnoxious,
In what way did the OEM service jack "not work"?
If the plastic bag it comes packaged in was full of oil, then I can understand WHY it didn't work, but otherwise, since it's
a very high capacity 2 stage hydraulic jack you set it up an use it just like any other hydraulic bottle jack except:
1/ You have to close off the bleeder valve (it it's not already closed) first so the jack can build pressure under the
2 stage ram.
2/ Since it's a high capacity jack, each full stroke of the pump doesn't extend the ram very far, but it does go up.
3/ Then, when you've pumped it quite a few times and have reached the top of the first stage of the ram (and are convinced that MB
screwed up and provided a service jack that doesn't have enough range to even get the wheel off the ground (even with a 2" x 8-12" x 18-24" plank
or 2 under the base of the jack) you pump some more, the effort to pump gets a bit harder and "Voila" the 2nd stage of the jack ram (the smaller one on the
inside of the larger one) successfully lifts your Sprinter high enough to remove the wheel and tire.
4/ No need to jack the wheel any higher that just enough to take the pressure off a fully inflated tire so the lug bolts or lug studs (516/519/3500 uses lug studs)
so you don't have to lift the heavy tire/wheel, just pull it free of the studs (516/519/3500) and roll the away.
5/ New tire/wheel gets rolled into place and goes right on the studs (516/519/3500) without lifting....just slide it sideways into place.
On 316/319/2500 Sprinters with lug bolts (vs the studs on the 3500's with dual rear wheels) you do it the same way and then you can rotate the hub to align the
lug bolt holes in the wheel with the lug bolt tapped threads in the hub and install all 5 lug bolts....never having to lift a heavy wheel/tire assembly.
6/ Snug all the lug bolts or lug nuts up with a regular lug nut wrench (19 mm if I recall) and then release the valve on the jack to set the Sprinter back down on
the wheel you just changed.
7/ Get out your torque wrench and torque all the lugs to the torque specified in your Operator's Manual.
Here's the torque specifications (from the 2014 Operator's Manual:
Sprinter Wheel Tightening Torques:
Edited from the 2014 USA Spec Sprinter Operator’s Manual

316/319/2500 Series Sprinter w 5 or 6 Lug BOLTS w single rear wheels
Wheel/Lug BOLT tightening torque:
Steel wheels: 177 lb-ft (240 Nm)
Light Alloy wheels: 133 lb-ft (180 Nm)

416/516/519 3500 Series Sprinter w 6 Lug NUTS with DUAL rear wheels
Steel Wheel /Lug NUT tightening torque: 133 lb-ft (180 Nm)
If you have light alloy wheels on your 516/519/3500 Sprinter or Sprinter
based RV use the torque specifications that came with the aftermarket
light alloy wheels!
As suggested, get a 24" min. 1/2 " Drive breaker bar and a 19 mm (0.74802") socket (a 3/4" six point socket will work here) to loosen
the lug bolts (2500 series) or lug nuts (3500 series).
Here's a link to a torque wrench @ Lowe's that's up to the task of correctly and accurately tightening 2500 series Sprinter lug bolts:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_337334-22328-85602_0__?productId=3381202
Hope this helps,
Roger

Thank you so much Roger for the info!

I didn't notice oil in the bag. The bleeder valve was certainly closed. I noticed the smaller diameter ram extended first, then larger one. Is this backwards? I took a video and will provide a link when I can.

talkinghorse43
04-17-2016, 04:17 PM
Doesn't make any difference which comes out first, when load is applied, the larger one will extend fully.

lindenengineering
04-17-2016, 04:21 PM
Sorry Guys
That jack I wouldn't have confidence in no matter what the circumstances.
Shiver me timbers!

On the roadside with a flat, wheel off and a semi go by and its weeblesville!

I did it once on 1/25 near Cheyenne on a call out and had to get a wheel off and that was enough!
I have had some close calls in almost 60 years of fixin' stuff but that jack is scary from a Pro's perspective!

As a side ditty this week we had a 2008 906 RV with a humongous body on it and just shy of its max GVW.
The rear road springs had sagged; it was getting two new ones and a Summo set.
Even on the 4 post column I insisted my guys steady the rig with a 100 ton fork truck forks placed under the rear frame section as an additional steady--just in case!

I use on a call out a 20 tonne bottle jack with a 12 inch base, its air operated or a 20 tonne floor jack.
Leave that stupid appendage in the tool box if you value life and limb.
Shivering me timbers even when I just look at it!
Dennis
Mechanic

sailquik
04-17-2016, 04:42 PM
Dennis/All,
If you place the jack on some 2" x 8-10" x 18-24" long hardwood (like Oak) planks it gets a lot more stable.
If you take a sander or grinding wheel and make a slightly concave depression in the center of your top plank
the jack gets very stable.
I agree with Dennis that unless you have the planks with the depression underneath the slight radius on the
cast iron base of the jack it's not really very stable and definitely not very safe or well engineered from an
operator safety perspective.
I always scratch my head about why in the world MB would accept jack bases that are not completely flat.
A slightly rough surface, perhaps with a casting parting line running through it would be acceptable, but a "designed in"
slight radius......what the heck were they thinking?
Hmmmm.....maybe put the jack in a milling machine and dust off the bottom until it's flat.
Could even do it with a grinder and get a lot closer to flat/stable than what's in the OEM MB design.
Roger

Bobnoxious
04-17-2016, 04:45 PM
Sorry Guys
That jack I wouldn't have confidence in no matter what the circumstances.
Shiver me timbers!

On the roadside with a flat, wheel off and a semi go by and its weeblesville!

I did it once on 1/25 near Cheyenne on a call out and had to get a wheel off and that was enough!
I have had some close calls in almost 60 years of fixin' stuff but that jack is scary from a Pro's perspective!

As a side ditty this week we had a 2008 906 RV with a humongous body on it and just shy of its max GVW.
The rear road springs had sagged; it was getting two new ones and a Summo set.
Even on the 4 post column I insisted my guys steady the rig with a 100 ton fork truck forks placed under the rear frame section as an additional steady--just in case!

I use on a call out a 20 tonne bottle jack with a 12 inch base, its air operated or a 20 tonne floor jack.
Leave that stupid appendage in the tool box if you value life and limb.
Shivering me timbers even when I just look at it!
Dennis
Mechanic

LOL! I certainly will take heed of you wisdom and experience! Remove the "dead weight" from the van and call AAA. Maybe I'll send the bottle jack to the CEO of Mercedez, he can use it as a paperweight.

surlyoldbill
04-17-2016, 05:17 PM
Wait, What? Bob, I thought you didn't get your hands dirty, why were you playing with the jack? :thumbup:

Tooth Fairy
04-17-2016, 08:26 PM
Wait, What? Bob, I thought you didn't get your hands dirty, why were you playing with the jack? :thumbup:

Its the only way he can truthfully tell his wife he is jacking off. :smilewink:

Bobnoxious
04-17-2016, 09:16 PM
Okay, I am the DUMMKOPF! The jack is not defective, I am. :yell:

I placed a 6 inch block of Doug fir under the Jack, ensured the valve was closed and actuated the lever. The large diameter ram began to rise first and when fully extended the small ram began to raise. So, the jack functions perfectly.

Also, I would like to mention I didn't have to come clean with my mistake and could have continued to proclaim the Jack was faulty. However, I am an honest and genuine person and advocate of being truthful. In addition, I am always willing to admit my mistakes and when I am wrong. So, go ahead and make fun of me because I can always laugh at myself and enjoy and never take offense to all genres of humor.

Mel Brooks said, " Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you slip and fall into a cesspool and die."

This has been a learning experience for me and I hope others. First, Dave mentioned his factory supplied lug wrench was of insufficient strength to break loose the wheel lugs. As a result, I have included a Craftsman half-inch breaker bar in the tool compartment. Also, Dennis articulated the hazards and dangers of jacking up a vehicle using the factory supplied Jack (or any Jack for that matter) and certainly going to take heed of his experience and wisdom. Others provided some humorous remarks. Last but not least, Roger contributed back saving tips on remounting the wheels and will include in my traveling toolbox some blocks of oak to place under the Jack as support. Boy Scout motto: Be prepared!

My thanks to you to all!!

The "Troll" Bob

Old Crows
04-17-2016, 09:25 PM
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj-y-f-zZbMAhVCvYMKHU8rA-wQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jarofquotes.com%2Fview.php%3F tag%3Dscottish&psig=AFQjCNFdybBYQ_D-aEDWr2_3dSDD1JWmAA&ust=1461014675494174

flman
04-17-2016, 09:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn7HjHondI8

Bobnoxious
04-17-2016, 10:09 PM

Ummmm...it was bad dream...yeah, that's what is was. Can I borrow some Lava soap and Scotchbrite?

Bobnoxious
04-17-2016, 10:12 PM
Its the only way he can truthfully tell his wife he is jacking off. :smilewink:

LOL!
After the vicious and unprovoked comment I made about you, I deserve it.

Bobnoxious
04-17-2016, 10:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn7HjHondI8

EXCELLENT! The brews are on me!

flman
04-17-2016, 10:17 PM
LOL!

Bob, you will never make it here being apologetic and offering self retribution. :smirk:

Bobnoxious
04-17-2016, 10:42 PM
Bob, you will never make it here being apologetic and offering self retribution. :smirk:

Oh well!

surlyoldbill
04-17-2016, 11:43 PM
Like Bob, I also use a heavy duty floor jack most of the time. I have used the Sprinter jack, which is for emergency use only not routine maintenance. It is kind of horrible, like all bottle jacks. Got the van up, though.

Bobnoxious
04-18-2016, 12:11 AM
For unexpected roadside use what else is one to use but the bottle jack, unless of course you want to pack a floor jack. However, as mentioned by Dennis, one needs to use extreme caution. Now, down here in Loonyville aka Los Angeles, if I had a flat on the I-5, 405, 101 or any congested road, I am (and have) driving the bastard on the rim to get off the freeway. Rims can be replaced.

gavia
04-18-2016, 05:57 AM
Bobnoxious,
Is your van equipped with the Metal or Plastic Jack?:laughing:

Ed463
04-18-2016, 07:37 AM
For unexpected roadside use what else is one to use but the bottle jack, unless of course you want to pack a floor jack. However, as mentioned by Dennis, one needs to use extreme caution. Now, down here in Loonyville aka Los Angeles, if I had a flat on the I-5, 405, 101 or any congested road, I am (and have) driving the bastard on the rim to get off the freeway. Rims can be replaced.

I can't believe I've just spent 10 minutes of my life reading this thread, but it was very entertaining:laughing:

On a serious note the above is spot on. Statistically if you park up on what we call the hard shoulder in the UK on a major highway you have around 30 minutes before there is a very high probability of you being wiped out by a wondering truck. I know someone who narrowly escaped death in just such a situation, his 4x4 pickup truck was most certainly dead afterwards though.

Tooth Fairy
04-18-2016, 08:03 AM
LOL!

Water off a ducks back ol' chap. :cheers:

I spent 20 years in the building trade as a mason, there isnt much that I havent been called....:smirk:

icarus
04-18-2016, 02:00 PM
RTFM!

Icarus

Mein Sprinter
04-18-2016, 04:35 PM

Alles ist prima mit dem Sprinter Wagenheber :thumbup:

https://elsha.smugmug.com/Trucks/Mein-Sprinter-Auto/i-VBspxfx/0/M/DSCN0093-M.jpg

https://elsha.smugmug.com/Trucks/Mein-Sprinter-Auto/i-xbTWspB/0/M/DSCN0096-M.jpg

https://elsha.smugmug.com/Trucks/Mein-Sprinter-Auto/i-ZBHCcnJ/0/M/DSCN0097-M.jpg

Prost... :cheers:

Aqua Puttana
04-18-2016, 04:52 PM
Alles ist prima mit dem Sprinter Wagenheber :thumbup:

Prost... :cheers:
Oh mein Gott!

Das ist nicht Mercedes sprechen.

They're off and running.

Let the proper jack point warnings and discussion begin.

vic

lindenengineering
04-18-2016, 05:51 PM
Oh mein Gott!

They're off and running.

vic

Like I stated shiver me English Oak Timbers!
A favorable Wyoming wind gust, a passing semi at 75 MPH and its roll me over in clover--'cpt its likely to be sage brush!:thumbdown:
Guys for crying out load be careful & thoughful when you jack!
Dennis

Anchornut
04-18-2016, 06:10 PM
Has everyone gone mental?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobnoxious
04-19-2016, 03:55 AM
Bobnoxious,
Is your van equipped with the Metal or Plastic Jack?:laughing:

Miraculously it's made from metal. You can bet MB is spending millions developing a plastic version.

surlyoldbill
04-19-2016, 04:36 AM
Just put the jack under the oil pan and lift the whole front end at once
:lol:

surlyoldbill
04-19-2016, 04:52 AM
plastic balloon jack available now; standard equipment by 2025? More like 2020.

Bobnoxious
04-19-2016, 04:52 AM
Just put the jack under the oil pan and lift the whole front end at once
:lol:

But only if it's a plastic oil pan, metal much too weak.

Bobnoxious
04-19-2016, 06:15 AM
plastic balloon jack available now; standard equipment by 2025? More like 2020.

I wonder if the back pressure will turn the exhaust valves cherry red?

Bobnoxious
04-19-2016, 06:46 AM
I can't believe I've just spent 10 minutes of my life reading this thread, but it was very entertaining:laughing:

On a serious note the above is spot on. Statistically if you park up on what we call the hard shoulder in the UK on a major highway you have around 30 minutes before there is a very high probability of you being wiped out by a wondering truck. I know someone who narrowly escaped death in just such a situation, his 4x4 pickup truck was most certainly dead afterwards though.

And all of them driving on the wrong side of the road. :thinking:

lindenengineering
04-19-2016, 01:13 PM
And all of them driving on the wrong side of the road. :thinking:

Bob
There is a perfectly good explanation for driving on the OTHER side of the road.
Both the UK and Japan are ancient warrior island people.
A feudal bunch of bastards from ancient times!. --Deep down we still are!

Every so often it manifests itself by hung over Brits on the Costa del Sol resorts bunging German tourist towels in the pool! Who having reserved the best pool lounger places at 6,00 am and enjoying their lengthy "freustuck" 'til 10,00 am. PO's the Brits to no end!
The Japanese do the same but are a bit more subtle bowing slightly with a false smile and saying something like "AH SoH"-- :laughing:
Here is an official explanation:-

Why in Britain
Do we drive on the Left ?

About a quarter of the world drives on the left, and the countries that do are mostly old British colonies.
2passJapan also drive on the left.

This strange quirk perplexes the rest of the world; however, there is a perfectly good reason.

Up to the late 1700's, everybody travelled on the left side of the road because it's the sensible option for feudal, violent societies of mostly right-handed people.

Jousting knights with their lances under their right arm naturally passed on each other's right, and if you passed a stranger on the road you walked on the left to ensure that your protective sword arm was between yourself and him.

Revolutionary France, however, overturned this practice as part of its sweeping social rethink. A change was carried out all over continental Europe by Napoleon.The reason it changed under Napoleon was because he was left handed his armies had to march on the right so he could keep his sword arm between him and any opponent.

From then on, any part of the world which was at some time part of the British Empire was thus left hand and any part colonised by the French was right hand.

In America, the French colonised the southern states (Louisiana for instance) and the Canadian east coast (Quebec). The Dutch colonised New York (or New Amsterdam).
The Spanish and Portugese colonised the southern Americas. So The British were a minority in shaping the 'traffic'.

The drive-on-the-right policy was adopted by the USA, which was anxious to cast off all remaining links with its British colonial past.

Once America drove on the right, left-side driving was ultimately doomed.
If you wanted a good reliable vehicle, you bought American, for a period they only manufactured right-hand-drive cars.

From then on many countries changed out of necessity.

Today, the EC would like Britain to fall into line with the rest of Europe, but this is no longer possible. It would cost billions of pounds to change everything round.

The last European country to convert to driving on the right was Sweden in 1967. While everyone was getting used to the new system, they paid more attention and took more care, resulting in a reduction of the number of road accident casualties.

Since September 2009 Samoa drives on the left instead of the right.
The main reason for this is that they want to use right-hand-drive cars, for instance from Japan and New Zealand, which both drive on the left.

Here is a list of the elite countries which have a feudal past and if you have ever seen a bunch of Jamaicans cane cutters with cutlasses high on ganga weed, you would know what I mean or a bunch of Maori Kiwis--Yeh Ma--Maan!

Here's the Haka again menacing the French--The Denver donkeys wouldn't stand a chance! !

Countries that drive on the LEFT include:-

Anguilla
Antigua & Barbuda
Australia
Bahamas
Bangladesh
Barbados
Bermuda
Bhutan
Botswana
British Virgin Islands
Brunei
Cayman Islands
Channel Islands
Cyprus
Dominica
Eire-Ireland
England
Falkland Islands
Fiji
Grenada
Guyana
Hong Kong
India
Indonesia
Isle of Man
Jamaica
Japan
Kenya
Lesotho
Macau
Malawi
Malaysia
Malta
Mauritius
Montserrat
Mozambique
Namibia
Nepal
New Zealand
Northern Ireland
Pakistan
Papua New Guinea
Samoa
Seychelles
Scotland
Singapore
Solomon Islands
South Africa
Sri Lanka
St Kitts & Nevis
St. Helena
St. Lucia
Surinam
Swaziland
Tanzania
Thailand
Tonga
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos Islands
Uganda
US Virgin Islands
Zambia
Zimbabwe
St. Vincent & Grenadines
Wales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiKFYTFJ_kw

Bobnoxious
04-19-2016, 03:35 PM
That was entertaining.

surlyoldbill
04-19-2016, 03:49 PM
Geez Dennis, is there a limit to your arcane knowledge? Do you even NEED the internet?

Tooth Fairy
04-19-2016, 08:27 PM
My all time fave Haka for some fallen soldiers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI6TRTBZUMM

Mein Sprinter
04-19-2016, 10:26 PM
Oh mein Gott!

They're off and running.

vic

He, he.. you funny..

Know why I posted the Jack on one of the rear axle side, because Roadtrek imbedded a waste tank that totally obstructs one of the actual lift point of the Sprinter; thus posted it to show that in an emergency the axle could be used there with extreme caution of course :bash:..... I should have mentioned WHY and be more clear. Sorry...!!

https://photos.smugmug.com/Trucks/Mein-Sprinter-Auto/i-6qvKLZ8/0/M/DSCN0082-M.jpg

cheers....

Aqua Puttana
04-20-2016, 01:48 AM
He, he.. you funny..

Know why I posted the Jack on one of the rear axle side, because Roadtrek imbedded a waste tank that totally obstructs one of the actual lift point of the Sprinter; thus posted it to show that in an emergency the axle could be used there with extreme caution of course :bash:..... I should have mentioned WHY and be more clear. Sorry...!!

cheers....
No need to worry about me. As long as the wheels are properly blocked and the jack/vehicle is on solid footing I can't see where jacking against the axle tube is any worse than using the official jack points to lift the vehicle enough to just get a tire off the ground for changing.

Even though the OEM jack points appear to be designed to receive a custom jack part (saddle type), the truth is that the design used with the OEM jack only provides a small point contact similar to what is accomplished as shown against the axle tube.

Given your situation, I'd do what you do without hesitation. (I might position the jack closer to the outer end of the tube.)

:cheers: vic

P.S. - The odd shape of that tank looks like the design intention was to not interfere with that jack point. They didn't follow the "measure twice" mantra.

lindenengineering
04-20-2016, 02:37 AM
Geez Dennis, is there a limit to your arcane knowledge? Do you even NEED the internet?

Bill as a ditty
When I lived /worked in Venezuela I had a bunch of friends from Procter & Gamble.
One evening several couples in our social group were playing Trivial Pursuit.
One of my long term friends called Craig said Dennis you are going to get creamed --This is 'merican Trivial Pursuit!

The game winner question was who enacted the Indian Appropriation Act of March 2, 1889.
I answered Pres Grover Cleveland!

How the f---ck did you know that, Dennis?
An expensive English "edumacation" of American history --all free courtesy of her majesty! :lol:
Then I topped it off by stating that it was actually Old Hickory's idea!

Just recently at a garage keepers conference in California I had to put a Texan "right" about his own home state and why it joined the union by treaty in 1845! The big incentive was?????
See if you American history buffs know the answer!--part of what makes the USA tick !
What a bloody marvelous place! :thumbup: no!~ :thumbup::thumbup:
Cheers Dennis

Boxster1971
04-21-2016, 12:05 AM

Just recently at a garage keepers conference in California I had to put a Texan "right" about his own home state and why it joined the union by treaty in 1845! The big incentive was?????
See if you American history buffs know the answer!--part of what makes the USA tick !
What a bloody marvelous place! :thumbup: no!~ :thumbup::thumbup:
Cheers Dennis

The USA paid off Texas debt. I cheated and used Google.

lindenengineering
04-21-2016, 12:29 AM
The USA paid off Texas debt. I cheated and used Google.

Exactly paid it off by a land treaty of $10,000,000--but these days most use bankruptcy laws & cheat (duble entrendre) --"Aint this a great country or what?" --Bloody marvelous!:thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you Mr Jackson:laughing:
Dennis