PDA

View Full Version : Want 10% Better Fuel Economy...

mgjessop
10-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Well Guy's, I found a little trick...

If you add some 2 stroke synthetic oil to your diesel fuel you will watch your fuel economy shoot up about 10%... I haved added some AMSOIL INTERCEPTOR Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil at 200:1 and I have watched my fuel economy jump to close 10%... The engine run's super smooth and there is no visible smoke... Has any body else tried this stuff in there tank?

Altered Sprinter
10-28-2008, 10:23 PM
Interesting, sort of like a modified diesel injection lubricator:thinking:
Richard

Aqua Puttana
10-29-2008, 01:25 AM
Do you use any other additive than the 2 cycle oil? Does it work out for cheaper dosage than Red Line RL 85? I've been happy with RL 85.

I've read about people using 2 cycle oil as an additive for diesel, but they always claimed it was for top end lube and not mpg improvement. Some say to use watercraft outboard TWC-3 formula as it burns cleaner. Is the AMSOIL formulated for watercraft use? Thanks

Well Guy's, I found a little trick...

If you add some 2 stroke synthetic oil to your diesel fuel you will watch your fuel economy shoot up about 10%... I haved added some AMSOIL INTERCEPTOR Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil at 200:1 and I have watched my fuel economy jump to close 10%... The engine run's super smooth and there is no visible smoke... Has any body else tried this stuff in there tank?

mgjessop
10-29-2008, 03:01 AM
I have been using Diesel Kleen from time to time and seen great gains with that product... I filled up with 80% ULSD ans 20% Bio Diesel and the 2 stroke oil at 200:1 Ratio... Saw a instant 10% better fuel economy with that mix... The oil is designed for high performance 2 stroke motors... I have seen close to 15% gain with Diesel Kleen with 4 times the amount they call for... Pretty Pricy at that rate... It cost about $1 per tank to add the oil... I think any 2 stroke oil will give some great gains... Just don't put it in the tank if you have DPF...:bash:

maxzoom
10-29-2008, 02:34 PM
DPF?

mgjessop
10-29-2008, 03:40 PM
2007-2009 sprinters all have diesel particulate filter (dpf)...

mgjessop
10-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Just another note... By Having the 2 stroke oil in the fuel My Engine Load has dropped to 12... I used to be right around 18-19 at idle... Here is proof that this stuff really work's... If you have a scan guage check you engine load at idle, then add the oil and watch it drop, along with the engine running smoother...

Aircraft Wrench
10-30-2008, 11:05 PM
mgjessop,

Yeah I'm off the suject but you posted the pic, tell me about/link me to your back up camera...BTW I did do a tank of 2 stroke oil from The Evil Empire....last winter....I don't know that any difference was noted....

Jimster

mgjessop
10-31-2008, 03:53 PM
I have the HitchCam System... It has a backup camera that can used in reverse or on all the time... It also came with back up sensors that beep at you when you get close to a object... It came with the van when I bought it new... The dealer charged $750 for the setup... I have seen the kit on the internet for around $350... Great system, I couldn't live with out it...

svaric2
11-01-2008, 05:20 AM
interesting, are you also still using the hydrogen generator?

have you ever tried a motor oil/fuel mixture?

and 200:1, is that like half a quart of oil to 26 gallons?