Add Fresh Water with No Hose Hookup

DougE

I'm new to Class B's. The only way it seems I can add fresh water to the tank is to hook up a hose to the RV and a campground hose bib. I camp frequently where there are no hose bibs available. Am I missing something? Is there a work around?

GaryJ

Here since 2006
Add your own gravity fill inlet. It can be done by adding an inlet fitting to the tank with about a 1-1/2" dia. hose going to an exterior fill port with cap and door. Parts are available from RV tank suppliers and RV parts suppliers.

Also, if there is an unthreaded campground water spigot you can hook a "water thief" adaptor to your hose and push it on to the spigot.

Gary

DougE

Thanks for that idea, GaryJ. I was thinking of making an adapter to the existing hose inlet but that would probably only allow very slow filling. I'll have to crawl under the unit and see what my options are for going directly to the tank with a standard fill inlet.

pfflyer

How do you winterize or sanitize your tanks and fixtures? Jayco has a feature that siphons/pumps from a jug or any other type container by turning valves in a certain way. The manual says you can use this to pump and fill up the fw tank from a fresh water supply as well with warnings of course about quality of said supply. Other than that like Chromisdesigns said a 12v portable pump can be had for fairly cheap. Even one of those run by a drill should work if you have plenty of time.

Top Bottom