Final Decision: Pleasure Way vs Roadtrek

LivingtheDream

2009 LTV Serenity
Ok, this forum has moved me forward toward the selection of a Sprinter conversion. The finalists are:

19' Pleasure Way Ascent 2008, was ordered for a specific buyer, has no graphics, plain white. Anyone happy or not happy with Pleasure Way? Lots of rattles in the back area ..... Better deal financially.

19' Roadtrek Agile 2008 a stock model. Anyone happy or not happy with Roadtrek?

I drove a 22' and a 19' Pleasure Way. The 19' had a more stiff ride but handled well. It may be that it is new, or not fully loaded that it was stiff and hard bouncing in the back. I have a truck (Z71 Avalanche) that rides better when loaded so that makes me get this opinion.

Both are with power sofa in the rear so riders can face front and buckle up. Both are two seat in the front only.

Advantages or disadvantages from all of you out there?

Can you actually have an RV that does not rattle some? My wife goes somewhat nuts on rattles that are too much???????

thank all of you again...

LivingtheDream

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Ok, this forum has moved me forward toward the selection of a Sprinter conversion. The finalists are:

19' Pleasure Way Ascent 2008, was ordered for a specific buyer, has no graphics, plain white. Anyone happy or not happy with Pleasure Way? Lots of rattles in the back area ..... Better deal financially.

19' Roadtrek Agile 2008 a stock model. Anyone happy or not happy with Roadtrek?

I drove a 22' and a 19' Pleasure Way. The 19' had a more stiff ride but handled well. It may be that it is new, or not fully loaded that it was stiff and hard bouncing in the back. I have a truck (Z71 Avalanche) that rides better when loaded so that makes me get this opinion.

Both are with power sofa in the rear so riders can face front and buckle up. Both are two seat in the front only.

Advantages or disadvantages from all of you out there?

Can you actually have an RV that does not rattle some? My wife goes somewhat nuts on rattles that are too much???????

thank all of you again...

LivingtheDream
If you want to live the dream don't be fooled by the bells and whistles look at the suspension option package that is offered, above the standard suspension and save your self some financial grief down the The Dream Line.
Ride when with a load added... 300 KG extra... the ride is smother and firmer. Rattles? well how well is it built, with anti rattling baffles behind the fit out.
Smooth ride: Air suspension, there is nothing better to help the vehicle out on a corrugated surface or narrow off camber roads etc.
It's an opinion of evaluation due to the long term usage. I have had with Mercedes products over 35 plus years.
Enjoy, and live your dream.
Richard
557307_984976_4134_2953_07A2043 (Custom).jpg

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
Hi, Living,

Between the Roadtrek and the Pleasure Way, I vote for the one with the floor plan and arrangement of fixtures that best suits your needs. Spend some time in each one; long enough to actually imagine taking care of your needs in each one.

They are both good products, built on the same vehicle. As Richard says, if there is a difference between the two on suspension, consider that. Sprinters are trucks and not the same things as passenger cars. There's a lot of weight in a loaded RV, so the suspension has to support that.

Not to put downer on your possible roadtrek purchase.

Roadtrek has laid off most of its employees. has many unsold and you could possibly

get a great deal. on other hand , there is no telling in this economy what will happen in future.

A prolonged slump could put even a strong B manufacturer like Roadtrek out of business,

and then warranty issues. this is not a prediction of certainty-mainly uncertainty.

gerry:thinking:

LivingtheDream

2009 LTV Serenity
Well, the Pleasure Way has won the day. I appreciate all the inputs in this thread and the rest of the forum. The Pleasure Way, as recommended above had the best suite of components to meet our needs. From my health issues the restroom was primary and I liked the PW better, all in kind of a room. Second was refrigerator, and they were similar on that. The cockpit was a push pretty much. We are having a back-up camera added that comes into the center console as the only other item added to the Sprinter. The deal turned out better than the Roadtrek also. Apparently someone had ordered this conversion and then not taken it. It has none of the pretty graphics and stuff, and is just plain white, but the reduction in price was significant.

The only downside was that the interior storage for suitcases or stuff like that is very limited. We dont plan to 'live' in the truck, but see it as a comfortable travel van. So unpacking everything to fit in cabinets and then taking it back out at destination is a bit against the flow, but I think we can deal with that.

Again, all of you have been very helpful in getting us to our FIRST Class B Sprinter. (for that matter, first class B or anything).

I am sure I will be back with lots of questions and feedback. Like, what are the best ways to tie down all the stuff inside the cabinets so it does not slide or whatever during driving.

Thank you all again,

livingthedream

march

Now that you had the Pleasure Way for a few months any issues? did You find either of them quieter - i.e. rattles? What percent off MSRP did you get? I am lookin at a Demo vs a new one also.

Top Bottom