Very poor remote reception

HardStart

One of the first things that I noticed about my 2014 Sprinter when it was brand new is that the remote range was very poor, both remotes were the same. I tried changing the batteries but it is the same still.

I have to be within 20' of the front of the van to lock or unlock it. I can't even unlock my Sprinter from the back doors without reaching my arm around the side of the van. So I assume the antenna is up front in the dash area.

Is this normal, or is there a chance that the antenna is unplugged or not in the proper position?

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
One of the first things that I noticed about my 2014 Sprinter when it was brand new is that the remote range was very poor, both remotes were the same. I tried changing the batteries but it is the same still.

I have to be within 20' of the front of the van to lock or unlock it. I can't even unlock my Sprinter from the back doors without reaching my arm around the side of the van. So I assume the antenna is up front in the dash area.

Is this normal, or is there a chance that the antenna is unplugged or not in the proper position?
Point the remote at the rear door handle to open/activate it.

Top Bottom