Pinout to ABS Controller to Check Speed Sensors 2013 Sprinter 3500 ABS Lights On

poptop

Can anyone provide me with the pinouts for the ABS Controller to check the speed sensors? My 2013 suddenly had all three of the ABS speed sensors light up. My iCarSoft said it was the Right Rear ABS Speed Sensor, so I bought a new one and replaced it. That didn't clear the issue according to both the dashboard and the iCarSoft datastream. I disconnected the Left Rear ABS sensor and showed the same fault as the right. So, it appears I have an open somewhere in the harness between the rear ABS connector to the ABS controller.

I believe if I knew the pinout of the ABS controller ....I could confirm that I have an open between the controller and the rear sensor.

If anyone could please share the pin-out information ....that would be greatly appreciated!

Doug

Attachments

showkey

How about using the color code on the wires at the sensor.......then find those same colors at the ABS controller ?

:hmmm:We do miss those real hands on shop manuals with a wiring diagram.:bash:

Last edited:

poptop

Thanks for responding! I thought of that and found its pretty easy to see the wire colors at the sensor connector ends, however you would have to disassemble the big connector at the ABS controller to see the wire colors ....and that appears to be pretty cumbersome. I was hoping someone had a pinout ....but not so far.

drgene

I have a 2013 Interstate extend. I have had 5 sensors fail over 1-2 years. All 4 original sensors replaced, one at a time and one twice. Are you saying you changed your sensors your self? Did your cruise control also go out when a sensor failed?
Where did you purchase your new sensors? Thanks for any info and good luck with yours.

Hope this helps. Of course there are three different ABS wiring diagrams depending on production date and options on your van. I picked the most common one.

L6/1 -LF
L6/2 -RF
L6/3 -LR
L6/4 -RR

Cheers,
Mike

Attachments

WizBandit

I'm on 12 total wheel sensors on my 2013 Sprinter 3500 RV now. The three stooges have once again made an appearance. I bought a pair of aftermarket rear sensors off Ebay for $124, didn't fix it, bought a real MB Right rear sensor Part#906 905 11-01 from an online MB dealer for $125, didn't fix it. I decided to trace out the rear sensor connector to the ABS/ESP module connector. I'm not sure of the way MB numbers the pins but seems to be right-to-left. I used a cable toner to find the pins then did an ohm/beep test to find the pair shorting the rear connector. This does not match the schematic posted here in this thread. I suspect the last 4 digits of the ABS part number has to do with pin assignments, I'm not sure. The wires from the rear to the ABS connector don't seem to be open or shorted, everything points to a defective sensor input circuit inside the ABS/ESP unit. I found a used unit on Ebay for about $300 which I'n going to try, then if that fixes it I will update this post. Also going to open the ABS/ESP module to see if I can find the bad input transistor or IC and attempt a repair.

I would like to hear an update from the original poster if he sees this on how he fixed it.

I had an error in the ABS Part# and it has been fixed...

Attachments

Last edited:

Mike DZ

2016 View 24V (2015 3500)
I went through 3 sensors until the dealership replaced the ABS brick - at least 10K miles since and no more sensor failures.

WizBandit

That ABS Pump/ESP unit runs $2000-$3000 for just the part new from MB. I found a used one with $63K miles for $219. Waiting for it now. I got some useful information on used ABS Pumps from an eBay seller:

I have been parting out Sprinter's for many years now and also learned alot. I'm not sure why all the different part numbers but I know ABS compatible years as follows 2007-2009, 2010-2012, and 2013-2018. So you would need an ABS from a 2013-2018 Sprinter as they all have the same harness between ABS and the ECU.

Also, the wheel sensors MUST match the year, I found out the expensive way, no return on electrical parts. A 2012 rear wheel sensor runs about $50, it does not work in a 2013. The 2013 one runs about $125. I suspect this same sensor will work in a 2013-2018 ABS Pump.

If the used unit fixes my issue, I plan on sending the defective one to:
https://www.g7computers.com/collect...ervice/products/mercedes-benz-computer-repair

Last edited:

OneWiteAT1

I'm on 12 total wheel sensors on my 2013 Sprinter 3500 RV now. The three stooges have once again made an appearance. I bought a pair of aftermarket rear sensors off Ebay for $124, didn't fix it, bought a real MB Right rear sensor Part#906 905 11-01 from an online MB dealer for $125, didn't fix it. I decided to trace out the rear sensor connector to the ABS/ESP module connector. I'm not sure of the way MB numbers the pins but seems to be right-to-left. I used a cable toner to find the pins then did an ohm/beep test to find the pair shorting the rear connector. This does not match the schematic posted here in this thread. I suspect the last 4 digits of the ABS part number has to do with pin assignments, I'm not sure. The wires from the rear to the ABS connector don't seem to be open or shorted, everything points to a defective sensor input circuit inside the ABS/ESP unit. I found a used unit on Ebay for about $300 which I'n going to try, then if that fixes it I will update this post. Also going to open the ABS/ESP module to see if I can find the bad input transistor or IC and attempt a repair.

I would like to hear an update from the original poster if he sees this on how he fixed it.

I had an error in the ABS Part# and it has been fixed...
did you happen to map out the front speed sensors to pinouts?

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Here are our 2007 wiring diagrams. I *think* they still pertain in 2013, but not after 2014.
http://www.diysprinter.co.uk/reference/2007-sprinter-service-information.pdf <-2007 MB service manual
http://www.diysprinter.co.uk/reference/2007-sprinter-wiring-information.pdf <- MB wiring diagram from above
http://www.diysprinter.co.uk/reference/2007_Wiring-sprinter-2500.pdf <-- 3rd party wiring diagrams

As for the service manual: it is probably describing the wrong engine. But the body and brakes should be correct.

--dick

fosterdog

That ABS Pump/ESP unit runs $2000-$3000 for just the part new from MB. I found a used one with $63K miles for $219. Waiting for it now. I got some useful information on used ABS Pumps from an eBay seller:

I have been parting out Sprinter's for many years now and also learned alot. I'm not sure why all the different part numbers but I know ABS compatible years as follows 2007-2009, 2010-2012, and 2013-2018. So you would need an ABS from a 2013-2018 Sprinter as they all have the same harness between ABS and the ECU.

Also, the wheel sensors MUST match the year, I found out the expensive way, no return on electrical parts. A 2012 rear wheel sensor runs about $50, it does not work in a 2013. The 2013 one runs about $125. I suspect this same sensor will work in a 2013-2018 ABS Pump.

If the used unit fixes my issue, I plan on sending the defective one to:
https://www.g7computers.com/collect...ervice/products/mercedes-benz-computer-repair
Did

Top Bottom