PDA

View Full Version : Pinout to ABS Controller to Check Speed Sensors 2013 Sprinter 3500 ABS Lights On

poptop
04-04-2016, 10:09 PM
Can anyone provide me with the pinouts for the ABS Controller to check the speed sensors? My 2013 suddenly had all three of the ABS speed sensors light up. My iCarSoft said it was the Right Rear ABS Speed Sensor, so I bought a new one and replaced it. That didn't clear the issue according to both the dashboard and the iCarSoft datastream. I disconnected the Left Rear ABS sensor and showed the same fault as the right. So, it appears I have an open somewhere in the harness between the rear ABS connector to the ABS controller.

I believe if I knew the pinout of the ABS controller ....I could confirm that I have an open between the controller and the rear sensor.

If anyone could please share the pin-out information ....that would be greatly appreciated!

Doug

showkey
04-05-2016, 09:41 PM
How about using the color code on the wires at the sensor.......then find those same colors at the ABS controller ?

:hmmm:We do miss those real hands on shop manuals with a wiring diagram.:bash:

poptop
04-05-2016, 11:29 PM
Thanks for responding! I thought of that and found its pretty easy to see the wire colors at the sensor connector ends, however you would have to disassemble the big connector at the ABS controller to see the wire colors ....and that appears to be pretty cumbersome. I was hoping someone had a pinout ....but not so far.

drgene
04-14-2016, 04:53 PM
I have a 2013 Interstate extend. I have had 5 sensors fail over 1-2 years. All 4 original sensors replaced, one at a time and one twice. Are you saying you changed your sensors your self? Did your cruise control also go out when a sensor failed?
Where did you purchase your new sensors? Thanks for any info and good luck with yours.

04-15-2016, 01:53 AM
Maybe its not your sensor. Have you checked your rear wheel bearing? Just a thought.

noblemercedes
04-16-2016, 11:15 PM
Hope this helps. Of course there are three different ABS wiring diagrams depending on production date and options on your van. I picked the most common one.

L6/1 -LF
L6/2 -RF
L6/3 -LR
L6/4 -RR

Cheers,
Mike