PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler may be sold in pieces

double07
10-22-2008, 04:12 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081022/ap_on_bi_ge/chrysler

If this happens who will own Sprinter in the US/NA? Or we are doomed for service ? There is no FreightLiner in California. I hope that MB USA will.

jdcaples
10-22-2008, 08:51 PM
I strongly doubt that MBUSA, LLC will be taking on the license to sell and service Sprinters from Daimler.

Daimler Trucks North America, LLC still owns the real estate used to reassemble Sprinters for North America.

I think it would would make sense for Daimler to continue using Dodge dealerships. Dodge dealerships are not Chrysler owned. Dealerships are independently owned/operated businesses that pay money to keep the staff trained and the Dodge logo on the property.

-Jon

boardster
10-23-2008, 01:39 AM
But if Chrysler sold it's Mini Van division to GM, the Dodge dealers would go out of buisness.
Maybe a new company could buy Dodge Ram trucks and pick up the Sprinter line too.
No wait, minivans, Ram pick ups, and Sprinters.
Hold it, that's what select 5 star dodge dealers have now.
No wonder I've lived in Detroit for 55 years and have'nt yet figured out how to make a buck off the auto industry.

Altered Sprinter
10-23-2008, 06:22 AM
Over my cold dead body they won't.GM, Chrysler deal may lead to 'significant downsizing' (http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20081020/GM_Chrysler_081020/20081020?hub=World)
There is a power play in place to rebuild Chrysler's future, but not until the White knight makes his preemptive move with the dark horse.
Chrysler has more to offer in the long term, than both GM and Ford combined, as to Chrysler and it's strained alliances. It has cash liquidity, and an enormous franchise base, Half need to go to be profitable. This can only ever be done buy using the Euro formula. The underlying values in Chrysler's assets, lies with it's infrastructure, not in the outdated production of older vehicles, and as to how it operated previously with the so called dealerships.
The model to look at for, a successful business is in both advanced manufacturing technology and especially with the key personnel of franchisees who are prepared to re-invest back within the successful operation of the dealerships to regain lost business opportunity's and as to building the customer base it once had.
Richard

gerrym51
10-24-2008, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE=Altered Sprinter;36740]Over my cold dead body they won't.

Gee Richard,be careful what you say. It could happen. We need you alive so that you
can continue your lectures.
gerry :smilewink:

Altered Sprinter
10-24-2008, 10:45 PM
[quote=Altered Sprinter;36740]Over my cold dead body they won't.

Gee Richard,be careful what you say. It could happen. We need you alive so that you
can continue your lectures.
gerry :smilewink: :lol:I'm running out of theory's..Too many conspirators on my board..I need an apprentice, to watch over the towering defaulters.
Here's the Joke: Cerberus wants out of Chrysler, in exchange for the GMAC finance arm.
Breaking news, it just had it's most profitable arm chopped off by it's own right hand,
Globally it can no longer operate, along with GE. so the value of GMAC, is now only worth one third of what it's true value was one week a go.:2cents: Fire liquidating asset sales on the horizons.
Next move on the futures board:thinking: may as well fire him, and put him on the fire too.
Now where is the Fire Department! America's Bravest! Ever ready.. Ever Willing.
Richard