PDA

View Full Version : Sprinter pickup not available in Canada and US - WHY????

Andrews57
10-20-2008, 04:02 AM
I contacted Mercedes Canada to bring me Sprinter pickup box for 3500 chassis 144" WB. They re not willing to do that. Original aluminium pickup boxes made in Germany are not available in Canada and US
They send me back to Dodge.
Dodge for the last 2 years is blaming Mercedes for luck of co-operation. I am very frustrated with this process.

jdcaples
10-20-2008, 02:25 PM
The same story's true for a number of options which are not available in North America, but are available in other parts of the world. Why? Its my understanding the DOT hasn't signed off on their road-worthiness; they haven't validated the safety with North American (aka non-European) tests. Then again, maybe someone wants to protect the Dodge Ram Pick-Up business.

Regardless, I've been watching people get what they want from other people for a long time.

Playing golf with executives, elected officials - anyone with power - seems to be the most expeditious path to corporate policy changes, or one-off exemptions.

-Jon

Tribunius
10-20-2008, 03:57 PM
If your that set on it you could get a body builder/vehicle out fitter to build something similar for you on a cab chassis. It would be an pricey route to take though probably a lot simpler than getting one brought in somehow.

If you want to look into getting a body built and your west coast canada pm me. I can put you in touch with a place that does that kind of thing.

kkanuck
10-22-2008, 01:51 AM
Contact "SprinterUK" in this forum, I believe he has in stock, or can source and ship you anything you need!