2007 tpms sensor question

nctrailseeker

I had a set of tires installed at my local tire shop and one of the tpms sensors was broken/damaged...(previously as light was already on anyway). They didn't have a replacement in stock, so I just had them leave all of them out.

My question is, can the system be disabled in order to have the light off on the dash?

2007 2500 Sprinter

Last edited:

lindenengineering

In short NO!
AND
At $102 a pop from MB it discourages replacement.
As yet I have failed to find one in the aftermarket BUT the other day I did find one for a Landrover where they too wanted an crazy price for the same! ($125)

Then I found Napa Echlin has new made one available so I have asked them to see if they can get some for Sprinters at the same $35 a pop.
Lets see!
Dennis

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
I rotated all 5 tires so the light was on with spare on the ground. Spare does not have a sending unit. You get used to the light. No other problem except for the light and a single beep on each start.

sheral

I had new rims, winter tires and sensors put on a few months ago. The shop guys said they ‘build’ their own sensors using an (apparently) expensive handheld electronic device. They quoted me $70 per sensor and they work great. Dunno for sure but they did show me the handheld device and $70 each worked for me.

Top Bottom