First (of probably many) Questions from New Owner

boatrick

I just purchased a used 2016 24SR from a local dealer, only 3500 miles so almost new but honestly the dealer didn't know a lot about the thing when we did the walk through and the manual is less no help. My first (of probably many questions) is about the three switches in the cabinet on right as you first come in. One is the awning, one operates a solenoid I can hear in the back that turns the 12V off and on in the coach, but I am lost on what the other one does...any help out there.
Thanks in advance,
Rick

MeRob

boatrick .... I went through the same experience. The good news is ...before long you will really get to know your RV well. Besides this Forum, on-line manuals are your best friends. Check out the Thor website for your coach manual and MB's website (for your date of Chassis) for your chassis manual. You can also download manuals for almost everything that is installed your Coach.

Do your own serious walk-thoughout inside and outside of your unit. You'll be happy you did when you're looking for a blown fuse one night ...on the highway...in the rain. Ha!

Those 3 switches that you mentioned (by the coach door) could be an electric step ON/OFF switch... an outside or inside entry light switch... The 'clicking' switch is probably your Coach Electrical Power Isolation Switch.

Again I suggest that you study the coach and operating manuals ...and then start trying everything out. It's an adventure!

Really Nice RV ! Enjoy! ...Rob

Hooligan2

Welcome to the Forum:
The awning and the coach battery disconnect switches are labelled on mine. The top switch works the led light strip under the awning.

FWIW - twice after disconnecting from shore power I had no interior 12 volts. Had to reset the battery disconnect. I have no idea why! ...

Just figured it out. I have the RV on shore power 24/7 when parked. If the disconnect switch is bumped off then, nothing happens- until you unplug shore power. Then no 12 volt coach power-- I just went out and checked Converter provides the 12 volts, battery would not be charging.

Last edited:

dtbrimhall

I just purchased a 2017 Citation Sprinter. Is there supposed to be a light at the bottom of the stairs? I see a light there but it never illuminates. Any thoughts?

dtbrimhall

Thanks, I thought it was automatic every time the stairs went out. Turns out there is a switch. Super embarrassed.

Larryr

On my Navion the light at bottom of step comes on when I turn outside porch light on. Great reminder that outside light is lit

Top Bottom