loss of power and check engine at 36k miles

Our 2015 V6 with 36000 miles was brought into the MB Shop with a check engine light, they indicated it displayed codes P16CC00 AND P111500, so they checked the quality of the adblue and they manually did a Regeneration and deleted the code.

Sure enough she turned on the CE light a few days after leaving the shop, also she ran out of DEF on a particularly busy day and went into limp mode, after refiling her with DEF everything seemed fine. However Today while fully loaded she lost power, only managing about 40- 50 mph on flat roads and struggling on inclines, I'm bringing her into the Mercedes shop again , but the "technicians" there and even worse the service advisors struggle with the sprinters, also I'm concerned we might have damaged something when the vehicle ran out of DEF, so any advise on what might be causing the loss of power and whether the running out of DEF affected the vehicle would be greatly appreciated.

lindenengineering

Our 2015 V6 with 36000 miles was brought into the MB Shop with a check engine light, they indicated it displayed codes P16CC00 AND P111500, so they checked the quality of the adblue and they manually did a Regeneration and deleted the code.

Sure enough she turned on the CE light a few days after leaving the shop, also she ran out of DEF on a particularly busy day and went into limp mode, after refiling her with DEF everything seemed fine. However Today while fully loaded she lost power, only managing about 40- 50 mph on flat roads and struggling on inclines, I'm bringing her into the Mercedes shop again , but the "technicians" there and even worse the service advisors struggle with the sprinters, also I'm concerned we might have damaged something when the vehicle ran out of DEF, so any advise on what might be causing the loss of power and whether the running out of DEF affected the vehicle would be greatly appreciated.
First I woudn't fret about something getting damaged.
The van has dropped into limp mode due to the NOx and exhaust system, most likely running out of spec!

Have a bit of faith.
Some shops especially you being on the island most likely don't see too many Sprinters and this exhaust treatment problem can throw techs some curve balls at times.

At least the Dealer does have factory tech support, whereas me and my staff of techs being Independant get no info from MB, (not like Toyota) so we have to do in house on the job training and study to handle these problems.
All the best
Dennis

Top Bottom