DPF Code 2626-1 but content values seem fine??

kenyoj

I have the code 2626-1 saying that the soot content is too high in the DPF for a regen. I looked into it more and saw that the reader wants the value to be under 10 lbs of soot content. Looking at the value for the error code shows that the soot content is only 3.4 lbs though. I then took it for a drive and looked at the live data. While warming up I saw values up to 5.2 lbs, but then after about 15 minutes of highway driving I got it down to 3.2 lbs. Anyone know what's going on here? Shouldn't the Sprinter be happy at under 10 lbs of soot?

Another value in the DPF check is 4785 Status Regeneration of diesel particulate filter, which shows NOT ACTIVE.

The scanner is also telling me that the actual value is reset by teaching in a new or used DPF. Can I do that with my Autel MD802?

Thanks!
Jesse

Attachments

japper

No code reader can do any adaptations. You'll have to find someone that can do DPF adaptation/teach in/reset and see if that would help with that 2626 code. Also check for any exhaust leaks before the DPF, flex pipe usually breaks first.
What is the milage and driving more in the city or highways?

kenyoj

Japper:
No exhaust leaks found

I recently bought the van so I'm not sure it's history, but judging from the previous owner I'd say it had a fair amount of highway use, but then perhaps some idling for keeping warm, who knows how long. It has 190k miles.

Linden:
The differential pressure sensor was reading 0 to 1 hPA at engine startup, but i could rev the engine a bit and get it to 10 or 12. So I figured I needed a drive test. I took it on the highway up a hill and made sure to give it plenty of gas, the max number I saw was 190!!?? Once I parked it, it was at 10 hPA at idle. So if this level is supposed to remain under 10, I'd say I have a seriously blocked DPF huh?

Sleeper Bird:
Flex pipe looks good, but that sounds like something to look out for in the future, thanks!

Jesse

lindenengineering

First check the number on the Diff' Pressure Sensor--they have been changes to read Better figures.
If you read it off and post & I can verify if :thumbup: or :thumbdown:
Dennis

sprintguy

16+ yrs Master Commercial technician
The reading from the pressure sensor under load with a high of 190 hpa is ok especially at 3k rpm (differential psi should never climb past 250 hpa at 3k rpm loaded under normal conditions with a good DPF) the idle reading of 10 hpa tells me that its a bit high at idle and a bit high under load (190 hpa) I would recommend bringing it in for some work , but by the sounds of it and the readings I would... teach the DPF in as a used unit (this way the value moves to 100% fill) then road test until regeneration was complete , then drive a bit more and watch the pressure and fill level. Next would be a cool down time with key off for at least 1 hour of key off time. If the code has not moved to stored and the level is less than 55-60 % fill. You most likley are looking at a CDI (engine module) I have seen this in early Sprinter vans 07-09 especially at higher miles. BUT YOU HAVE TO RULE OUT THE DPF FIRST.

Carl

kenyoj

Update:
I grabbed that new sensor you recommended, Dennis, and put it in. I had the dealership look up the sensor I need for my VIN and its the same number you mentioned. CHECK.

Initial idle reading at about 22 hPa
Max up a hill flooring it on the highway still about 190 hPa
After a hard run up the hill I'm at about 17 hPa at idle now

I wish I had a scanner that forced a regen and then I could see if I could get lower values. Right now my guess is that the previous owner just idled it too much and now it wont regen on its own due to this code :-/.

Carl, unfortunately I dont have a way to teach in a used DPF on my own. I've been doing my best to diagnose this thing without throwing tons of money at the dealership but maybe thats where I have to go now. Debating if I could just keep doing some good highway driving and get it low enough so it would regen on its own. Or perhaps take a climbing trip towards someone who has a better scan gauge. (wow I sound cheap). CDI sounds pricey. Also maybe debating a DPF delete haha.

Jesse

for what it's worth, the Autel Maxicheck Pro purports to do a forced dpf regen, as well as several other specialized tasks.

http://www.auteltech.com/autelcms/Specialty%20Products/372.jhtml

AFAIK, Autel markets a Maxicheck DPF Reset tool, as well as other tools with single specialized functions.

http://www.auteltech.com/autelcms/Specialty%20Products/546.jhtml

An Autel tech stated that the Maxicheck Pro combines all of the specialized functions.

The Maxicheck Pro was available via Amazon for about $300.
It would be nice to hear from someone who has actually used the tool for a manual regen.

kenyoj

Hi 671,
Ya I never really got a solid answer from this post but I just ordered the Maxicheck Pro on Friday. I will make a point of getting back on here and posting my results of trying to use it. Hoping to have it by the end of the week.
Jesse

kenyoj

Well here's my first update...

I received my Maxicheck Pro yesterday but I am unable to get into the device at all. I get the error message "the vehicle program is not authorized. Please obtain authorization". I need to get the Registration Password to register online and update the SD card and use the device, but the password is in the device past the error screen. I called Autel America support and they told me that they cannot find the password for me because this is a Chinese device. The auto-response from the China office was that the Qing Ming Festival is occurring today till Monday. So that's where I am at.

If anyone knows how to get past this point that would be awesome. Otherwise, wish me luck and I'll post future updates.

Jesse

Jesse,

I would describe registering an Autel device as "arcane". I had an MD802 for a day and quickly returned it when I became aware of the MaxiCheck Pro, which I hope will be useful should I ever need to do a forced manual regen (at this time I do not).

My poor old brain doesn't remember every step of the way, but here are a couple key points:

1. The password is in the firmware of the device itself. Connect the device to a computer with the USB cable supplied and get into "setup". This should show the product serial number and Register Password. You may have to play around with it a bit. I recall that I was mildly surprised when I was finally able to find the password.

2. After creating an Autel ID on the website, an email was sent with a clickable link which authenticates your new ID.

For the secure SD memory, I subbed a 16GB class 10 device instead of the 8GB device sent with the MaxiCheck. For what it's worth, the Maxicheck seems to respond a bit faster than the MD802; perhaps it has a faster processor or memory.

Do not despair! There are youtube tutorials. Here is one from Autel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH-6qN6lZd4

John

kenyoj

Thanks 671! The problem though is that I cannot get past the error screen with the SD card in, and I cannot get past the insert SD screen when the card is out. I feel like there's got to be a way to search the files via a computer with it plugged in though?

Do you still have the Maxicheck Pro?

Jesse,

I still have the MaxiCheck Pro, and consider it a keeper, especially because of the hassle it took to get it to where it is now.

I pulled the SD card and connected it to a computer: got the error screen (small icon in lower left corner showing the SD card being inserted). Then disconnected the usb cable, reinserted the card, and the main menu came up.

Two suggestions to try: remove the sd card and reinsert it. In computers, a simple replug fixes a lot of errors. It does not seem to matter whether the write protect switch is on or off; the card just needs to be in. Also, just for the heck of it, plug in the serial cable (OBDII connector) and take it out to your vehicle and plug it in.

kenyoj

Tried all that and it still wont work :(. From what I am finding on the internet, the card seems to be coded to allow you access into the unit. So if you plug in a random SD card, that will get you the same troubles I am getting. I think I need to wait for the company to get back to me unfortunately.

Jesse,

Because I used a different SD card to download diagnostic data, my original 8GB card is the same as when the unit was received.

I popped the original 8GB card into a usb card reader. The original SD card has three folders: fonts, res and scan. Used space on the card: 4,914,511,872 bytes (4.57GB).
If the card that came with your MaxiCheck has the same number of bytes, it probably indicates that all the files are present, and not corrupt.

Don't know if this helps, but hey it's something else to play with in lieu of actually being able to use the diagnostic tool :)

kenyoj

I looked into the SD card and it seems to be pretty similar to yours. Very annoying not being able to fix this myself, but I got contact from customer service and it sounds like they will be able to help me out tomorrow :). I guess I could work on the other issues today. Thanks for all your help on this!
Jesse

Top Bottom