Could anyone be so kind as to tell me the heights of the "low" and "high" seatbox?

sedgington

Could anyone be so kind as to tell me the heights of the "low" and "high" seatbox?

Hi,
I'm thinking about retrofitting the front seats on my 2010 MB Sprinter 2500 144 and I have run into a dead end trying to decipher part numbers, dimensions or anything else about the seat "box", "riser", "pedestal" or whatever you want to call it. My present Sprinter has after-market seats that were installed when I bought it and I can't determine whether I have the "low" or "high" seat base.

Although I have read through a number of threads here about this problem, all have ended in a dead end as though the person inquiring found the information and never bothered to post it or just gave up. I've talked to parts people at MB and Dodge and all say the same thing, "You can't get there from here." Or rather, you have to have the VIN number of a vehicle that has the part you need before we can help you. Even with my own VIN number they give me incorrect part numbers and ask me to fork over $300 to $600 and wait 3 days to see if it is the right part when it comes in.

In the hopes of finally putting this to rest:

If you have a suspension and/or swivel seat from Mercedes, would you be so kind as to:
  1. Put a tape measure from the floor of your driver's side of the vehicle to the top of the metal box on which your seat mechanism sits and tell me that dimension.
  2. Try and determine a part number for that box

If you do not have the above, could you please do the same for comparison's sake?

Finally, if you are a Dodge/MB guru and know that the seat bases remained the same from 2009 to 2010 (or even have part numbers from Dodge that correspond to MB parts for that seat base in 2010) could you please let me (the other members) know?

In advance, many thanks to anyone who can shed light on this. I think it could save countless hours for all members present and future looking into what is involved in upgrading their seats.

DieselFumes

2015 4x4 2500 170 Crew
Re: Could anyone be so kind as to tell me the heights of the "low" and "high" seatbox

One of the pieces of information you requested:
The low height seat base part numbers are
906-910-79-00 Passenger seat console
906-910-73-00 Driver’s seat console

This has been confirmed in other threads in as much as people have ordered and installed them (check the swivel seat threads if you want to really dive in).

DieselFumes

2015 4x4 2500 170 Crew
Re: Could anyone be so kind as to tell me the heights of the "low" and "high" seatbox

Driver's seat base height, from plastic cover on driver's footwell/step to base of seat slider rail (i.e. front left hand corner), on a 2015 van with regular height seat bases = 9-1/4" give or take (it's dark out).

JJolls

'14 170 4cyl Crew

The height of the LOW driver's seat base, measured from the same place as DieselFumes measured is 5 3/4". This is on a '14 crew with factory swivel seats.

Hope this helps you! JJ

Top Bottom